We have an immediate opportunity for a Branch Manager with operations and customer relationship experience to join the leading manufacturer / distributor of transmission parts to the motor vehicle repair industry. This company founded 40 years ago, has locations across the US that serve independent and franchise transmission repair shops, automotive general repair businesses, production rebuilders, and resellers. They are well known and aggressively seeking to grow and have a great reputation for customer service in the industry. They are in a strategic growth mode having just completed several acquisitions. This position is considered a key growth role within this industry leader and is a high visibility position with a clear career growth path for those that are successful! This smells like opportunity!
The Branch Manager will have direct sales and P&L accountability for the 2 branch operation. In addition to growing top revenue and profit, this key management role is responsible for local warehouse operations, delivery / logistics, inventory management, and safety / security. This outstanding career opportunity comes with a great salary, bonus & commission program! It also offers a generous benefits program that includes medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), disability insurance, vacation and holiday time, and education reimbursement.
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Set specific sales, operating plans and strategic actions for branch location and personnel.
- Execute branch sales programs and also support/participate in national marketing / sales initiatives.
- Reach target goals for key product lines and develop effective strategies to achieve plans.
- Develop strong relationships with key customers within the local market.
- Achieve branch sales and profitability plan.
- Evaluate that the facility is enhanced with respect to customer service and delivery reach.
- Ensure sales, pricing, and profitability levels to ensure customer performance is optimized.
- Training / mentoring staff to ensure location objectives are met and sales / product goals are achieved.
- Ensure performance against plan and establish / implement improvement action plans.
- Target training needs, initiate appropriate programs, and recommend effective personnel actions.
- Analyze competitive trends, customer needs and create a strategy for needed changes in sales programs / customer approach.
- Establish targets for new customers and lead the team to increase sales growth.
- Executes sales and operations best practices.
- Engage in annual budgeting process.
- Oversee cash management process between the Branch and the Regional Credit department
- Work to address local customer credit/collection issues.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills in work history.
- Prior successful branch / distribution operations management with strong customer relationship experience is required.
- Looking for candidates that don’t have a history of job hopping every couple of years
- Automotive aftermarket experience preferred but will consider industrial supply branch operations experience
- Must have strong communication, coaching, mentoring skills
- Preference for college education.
- Strategic thinking skills with strong business analytical skill sets.
- Demonstrated superlative leadership qualities with the ability to train and develop team members.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment while setting priorities
- Dealing with a diverse responsibilities utilizing effective organizational skills
- Able to work within deadlines.
- Keen understanding of what drives profitability
- Experience selling to jobbers, fleet operations, and independent automotive repair is a plus.
- Advanced education is a plus
- Professional certifications or industry training is a plus.
- Previous military leadership experience, ie Navy, Army, Marines, etc. is highly valued