We have a confidential opportunity for a Materials Director to join a national manufacturer in the automotive aftermarket. We are looking for a strong Supply Chain / Lean Leader to join a company that has been growing for 40+ years and is very well known in their industry. You will have production and supply chain responsibilities for plant operations that support a national distribution network.
This exciting manufacturing role has a competitive compensation package with generous benefits that includes medical, dental, life insurance, 401k, vacation and holiday time, disability insurance and education reimbursement. Corporate relocation is provided a beautiful location with lakes, mountains and plenty of recreation in Tennessee with fantastic schools! Don't forget that there is no state income tax! It also has a cost of living that is 15% below the US average.
Forward your resume to: email@example.com
- Calculates sales and production on daily, weekly and monthly schedules.
- Strategic Planning / Execution
- Liaisons between plants, sales divisions, and warehouses for efficient customer delivery service.
- Analyzes and evaluates inventory and delivery problems and recommends solutions.
- Forecasting / Operations Planning
- System Implementation / Integration
- Engages in classes and training seminars to learn new technologies and techniques related to job performance.
- Material Flow / Warehouse Logistics
- Supplier Collaboration
- Tracks material costs for inventory levels, budget and new programs.
- Contributes to cost reductions related to freight, packaging and indirect spend.
- Creates internal management reports to track performance and costs related to, inventory, transportation, cost savings, production and sales.
- Supports new program launches.
- Ensure all materials / products are received promptly and accurately
- Bachelor Degree; Business, Administration,
- Accounting, Engineering and Logistics Degrees preferred \
- 5-6 years in supply chain / materials management in a manufacturing / machining environment
- High energy hands on leadership style.
- Experienced with domestic and international logistics
- Experienced working within a unionized facility.
- Must have strong learning skills to work with multiple company systems as well as outside customer systems
- ERP / MRP experience with operational planning.
- Inventory control / management systems knowledge
- Experience with leveraging KPIs / tools to drive supplier performance
- Must have very strong computer and analytical skills
- Must be skilled at producing schedules and cost comparisons
- Experience with analytical techniques to define and solve complex problems
- Mentors and coaches for employee development
- Interacts with multiple levels of people effectively, in group and individual settings
- Experienced in dealing with vendors/suppliers/customers
- Demonstrated ability to develop project plans and manage projects to successful completion
- Possess excellent oral/written communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, planning and documentation skills
- Can manage scheduling function to balance desired ending inventory levels, production rates and supplier forecast to meeting targeted KPI’s.
- Professional certifications are a plus i.e. Six Sigma, LEAN, CPM, CPIM, CFPIM, CIRM etc.
- Advanced Education is a plus
- JD Edwards knowledge is a plus