Are you a proactive, action-oriented leader with the ability to solve complex problems and drive change within the transportation function for well-established organizations? Do you have a proven ability to stand up best-in-class transportation policies, procedures and processes for a newly created group? Can you manage several hundreds of millions of spend, as well as a large team? Would you be interested in interacting with executive leadership across Supply Chain, Logistics and the DC network?
If you answered yes to the above questions then you may be an ideal fit for the Sr Manager, Transportation position for our client, a Fortune 500 electronics company.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
- Responsible for transportation mode leadership, which includes air, ocean, freight, and trucking.
- Improve key metrics surrounding cost, quality and delivery.
- Create global logistics spend processes and initiatives, and hold team accountable for results.
- Effectively manage over 20K shipments per day in company’s largest region.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced degree highly preferred.
- 3+ years of demonstrated progressive leadership experience.
- 7+ years of transportation, logistics and/or supply chain experience.
- Experience in international trade.
- Experience managing Logistics systems and technology.