We have an excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Tech to join an Automotive Tier 1 manufacturer. This is a global company that is well known in the industry. Your function is to maintain systems in assigned area in an automotive manufacturing environment to meet manufacturing and quality goals. It is important to possess a Mechanical aptitude and have the ability to diagnose/troubleshoot and repair mechanical problems in a production CNC machining environment. You are expected to perform preventive/predictive maintenance and conform to all OSHA standards.
This great role is located in a beautiful family friendly state of TN. So you get a great area with a low cost of living 15% below the US average!! Company benefits include Medical with PPO / HSA Options, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short term / Long term Disability, and a 401k match. All of this plus no state income tax!
Foward resume to: email@example.com
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and repair conveyance systems, CNC machines, rotary dials, transfer lines, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Perform preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment
- Perform lockout/tagout procedures for equipment
- Diagnose and repair mechanical malfunctions
- Repair and rebuild equipment as needed
- Work with outside contractors, as needed, for trouble shooting procedures
- Bring production back on line quickly
- Read hydraulic and pneumatic schematics, mechanical/electrical diagrams, and technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly
- Align, fit, and assemble component parts, using hand tools and power tools
- Assist with installation and operation of new equipment to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications
- Comply with OSHA and other regulations in all aspects of work
- Work with engineers, contractors, vendors, and staff as needed
- Provide input regarding the design, installation and maintenance of new equipment.
- Read and interpret blueprints and schematics; provide input and recommend changes on design blueprints as requested
- Maintain a variety of hand and power tools used in the performance of assigned duties
- Fabricate parts and equipment as needed such as mounts, brackets and shields; operate welding and cutting equipment
- Maintain plant facilities and equipment in good working order
- High School / Trade School
- Five years’ experience repairing and maintaining industrial machinery in a manufacturing environment such as CNC machines, transfer lines, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Knowledge of OSHA machine regulations and recommendations
- Experience with machine operation and programming systems
- Work with manufacturers to procure replacement parts
- Self-motivation and ability to work with little direction
- Read and interpret test equipment such as micrometers, multimeters
- Excellent oral communication and listening skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Physically able to lift 40 lbs and work in a manufacturing environment.
- General computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Advanced education a plus
- Specialized training / certifications are a plus.