Evening & Overnight Shifts Available Part-Time Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Needed Immediately (North Oak Cliff)
AIDS Services of Dallas is NOW interviewing and HIRING for a new PRN (As Needed) Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA)!
Morning (7AM – 3PM), Evening (3PM - 11PM) & Overnight (11PM – 7AM) shifts are currently available, and weekends.
MUST BE CERTIFIED AS NURSING ASSISTANT or equivalent. (Current TX CNA License)
Our CNAs make a difference in our resident's lives and enjoy the personal satisfaction of making their lives easier.
Come join our team!
This is a part-time position and pays hourly.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
Under the supervision of the Senior Certified Nursing Assistant, the Certified Nursing Assistant’s ("CNA") primary role is to provide personal care and general housekeeping to residents of AIDS Services of Dallas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides or assists individuals with personal care as a part of the total plan of care including:
- Activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, feeding, and toilet;
- Meal preparations, including specified diets and diet reinforcement;
- Prescribed exercises; and
- Assistance with oral medication.
- Provides light housekeeping as necessary for maintaining residents' environment and safety.
- Laundry for resident as needed;
- Cleaning of resident's room and other rooms as specified;
- General Housekeeping:
- Removes trash from common areas and individual rooms, as needed;
- Maintains and cleans common areas and hallways, as needed;
- Inspects and cleans food preparation and storage areas;
- Inspects and cleans stored foods and insures that all foods are properly wrapped and refrigerated;
- Disposes of all food and leftovers routinely; and,
- Maintains a daily log of observation notes on each resident.
- Vacuums and mops all common areas and hallways;
- Dusts and cleans reception areas at the Ewing Center and Hillcrest House;
- Cleans, sorts and stores articles of clothing maintained by the agency;
- Cleans and arranges storage area for personal hygiene and household articles and supplies;
- Maintains and stocks common living areas with needed supplies such as: coffee; sugar; tea; paper supplies, etc.; and,
- Files observation notes on each resident in the client record files of the agency.
- Attends weekly PCA meetings, and in-service and other meetings/training seminars pertinent to the position.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting changes in resident's health condition and reporting and documenting unusual behaviors or activities on the premises.
- Agrees to participate in any and all Quality Management activities
- Must physically work on site.
Graduation from an approved Texas Department of State Health Services home care training agency or at least one (1) year of experience providing direct patient care is desired. Other qualifications include familiarity with emergency procedures, and an ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Ability to access all properties including those that are not equipped with handicapped accessible features. Must be able to negotiate stairways and to access emergency alarm equipment immediately. Must be able to assist with the emergency evacuation of medically compromised clients/residents in the event of fire or other emergency situations requiring evacuation of any facility. Must be physically able to lift, push or pull or otherwise move objects weighing a minimum of fifty pounds. Sensitivity to culturally, racially and sexually diverse client, staff and volunteer populations is essential. A valid driver license is required.
Plan for Continued Training:
The incumbent of this position will participate in all recommended agency Training and Development Programs.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, AIDS Services of Dallas reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Interested persons should reply via email with a resume.
Due to the volume of responses, only qualified parties will be contacted. No phone calls, please.