Siter-Neubauer & Associates, an MRINetwork affiliate is currently conducting multiple searches for an Estimator:
We are looking for 2 Entry Level (1-2 years’ experience) and 2 Journeyman/Mid-Level Estimators in the North of NYC Yonkers, New Rochelle, Mount Vernon area.
The Estimator must be proficient in estimating commercial Interior projects (Drywall, Carpentry, and Flooring) negotiating with contractors, sub-contractors, and suppliers, budgeting projects, with project managers and owners. The Estimator will prepare estimates and written specifications for acoustical and/or specialty ceiling projects, along with demount able walls and sub flooring and other construction projects, as they relate to commercial interior.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze, compile, and estimate data that impact the cost of labor, materials, equipment requirements, location and other factors to ensure a high quality and timely estimate.
- Review drawings, specifications and proposed project site conditions; record findings and solicit input from field operations to include final project estimate.
- Review “take off” quantities to ensure accuracy of data used in estimates.
- Analyze alternative solutions and construction methods to increase competitiveness of the bid and the ability to work on multiple estimates simultaneously.
- Ability to provide valued input, feedback and creative solutions during pre-construction efforts to help steer cost certainty during the early stages of project program development.
- Ability to create accurate conceptual budgets as well as detailed final construction document in competitive bid deliveries.
- Apply mathematical calculations requiring advanced analytical processes to ensure logically estimated costs are accurate.
- Present estimate and participate in bid reviews with senior management to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Communicate with owners, subcontractors, public and private entities to ensure competitiveness.
- Communicate estimate bid information to field operations at pre-construction meetings to ensure understanding of scope of job and critical means and methods of construction.
- Participate in and/ or lead design/ build pre-construction services to ensure a high quality, competitive estimates and schedules.
- Participate in and/ or lead means and method discussions, being the catalyst to drive creative thinking and innovative ideas that distinguishes a successful estimate.
- Knowledge of building construction, materials and methods
- Knowledge of the NYC laws and ordinances regulating building construction
- Ability to do a detailed material take-off
The company offers an excellent benefits: Salaried full time/determinant positions including full-benefits (medical, dental, vision) and match 401k