The Ottohahn Group is seeking innovative and solutions driven Mechanical Design Engineers who desire a challenging and creative career with a strong background and driven personality that are ready to support the development of system designs from the ground up!
These positions will focus specifically on heat transfer and fluids supporting the mechanical efforts with designing systems that will ensure the safe, efficient and effective operation of the facility, equipment, and controls required for the production and processing of medical isotopes and fissile solutions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Include supporting mechanical development activities such as designing, and implementing systems for Mo-99 recovery from an irradiated uranium solution.
- The role will cover a focused set of responsibilities and the selected candidate should have experience in the following areas: in-depth heat transfer and thermal-hydraulics analysis (e.g., natural convention and two-phase flow), computational fluid dynamics, fluid system design – especially cooling systems. (i.e., piping, valve, and materials selection).
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline.
- In addition, a minimum of 5 years of recent mechanical design engineering with nuclear experience.
- Experience with configuration management, design control, vessel and piping design and SolidWorks is preferred.