The Coatings Division of Sales Consultants of Grand Rapids is a highly specialized team of professionals dedicated to working with companies in both the commodities and specialties chemical arenas We specialize in finding key individuals for technical roles involving R/D, technical sales, management and C-level positions. Our goal is to build a partnership with our clients to maximize their success.
Our client is a Specialty Chemical manufacturer, specializing in silicone raw materials for water and textile applications. They are a division of a global specialty chemical group supplying specialty materials to industries including inks, plastics, and coatings and they are currently looking for an R&D Senior Chemist.
1. Lab management: help to set up R&D lab in the U.S. and staff the technical team; coach and train chemists to keep the technical team on the cutting edge of new technology
2. Innovation: based on the market and clients' need, create prototype formulations; establish database of organic silicon raw materials
3. Technical support: work with technical and sales teams in China, independently or jointly to provide technical support and solve technical questions from clients
4. Responsible for screening and application for patents
5. Assist CEO to develop technical and business strategies
1. B.S. or higher in Chemistry or a related field
2. 5+ years’ experience in silicone oil and emulsion of water repellent and/or textile applications
3. Experienced in formula and be able to create prototypes independently
4. Be knowledgeable and up to date about the silicone market, technical development and trends
5. Travel is about 20%, including international travel with overnight stays
If you meet these requirements within the Chemical Manufacturing Industry, please apply here OR email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org confidential consideration.