Bayside Search Group is working with a dynamic, fast growing retailer based in a great city in North Carolina that was recently ranked one of the Most Affordable Cities to Live.
This company is looking for passionate Retail Buyers or Retail Category Managers with experience in Frozen Foods, Refrigerated Foods, Dry Grocery or related areas!
This organization has thousands of locations across the US and is continuing to expand, which means continued career growth potential!
We are looking for Retail Buyers or Retail Category Managers with a passion for retail, strong financial acumen, experience managing a large volume and product development/private label experience.
This organization is offering VERY competitive base salary, bonus potential, equity, stock purchase plan, 401k, full benefits and full relocation assistance.
- Develop and execute buying strategies designed to meet or exceed sales, margin and inventory turnover goals
- Manage all aspects of the merchandise offering including product selection, vendor negotiations, promotional planning, store placement and distribution.
- Develop customer-centric strategic and detailed assortment plans and ensure that merchandise selection matches customer demands and expectations
- Integrate brand (including private label), sourcing, marketing, tech services and retail supply chain functions into the merchandising process to make business decisions.
- Provide strategic input to the Merchandise Planners to develop a merchandise plan and complete accurate forecasts by evaluating all relevant financial information, including current trends and anticipated market changes.
- Partner with marketing team to design marketing and promotional plans that maximize incremental sales, gross margin dollars and coop. Ensure accuracy of promotional information including pricing and signage
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendor partners and consistently operate within company standards, policies and codes of ethics
- Coach and develop Associate and Assistant Buyers, as well as Merchandise Assistants, to ensure growth and readiness for next level position
- Bachelors Degree preferred or equivalent industry experience
- 3-5+ years of related experience as a Buyer or Category Manager in Frozen Foods, Refrigerated Foods, Dry Grocery or related areas
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Windows-based programs
- Strong retail math skills
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS:
- Competitive base salary and bonus potential
- Full benefits and 401(k)
- Full relocation assistance
- Future growth opportunities within an expanding team