In Business for over 50 years our client produces custom hydraulic cylinders and other fluid power products for original equipment manufacturers in several industries. With a manufacturing footprint of over 150,000 square feet. They are ISO 9001:2008 registered and have been implementing LEAN principles since 2006. Their customers are the top OEM’s in their respective industries.
Reporting to the President, The Sales Director will be responsible for developing Major OEM business for the company’s line of hydraulic components. The product includes a line of world class hydraulic custom cylinders.
Required – education, training, experience and skills
- Bachelor degree (BS) in business or technical discipline or higher related field from an accredited institution
- Prior Sales team management. 7+ years of Sales management experience in hydraulic component technical sales or business development.
- Experience working directly with major mobile equipment OEM’s.
- PC skills & MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, word, outlook) software skills a must.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering sustained sales growth
- Strong fluid power industry and product knowledge
- Organized, good planning and time management skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Possesses presentation, training, time management and planning skills
Preferred – Education, training, experience and skills
- MBA or other advanced related education
- Certified Fluid Power Specialist Certification
- Currently employed by a manufacturer of cylinders OR pumps/motors OR Valves
- Established OEM customer following
- Strong understanding of business fundamentals
- Strong leadership skills, with track record of developing sales reps
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set and execute Sales strategy ensuring alignment with Corporate strategy. Review new opportunities to ensure alignment with company strategy. Direct all sales activities to achieve performance goals in accordance with marketing and sales plans. Achieve profitable sales goals
- Be an active, contributing member of the leadership team
- Identify and implement tactics to improve pipeline growth and conversion
- Build close relationships with key customers to enhance sales volume and customer service.
- Responsible for planning and managingthe sales resources to assure that adequate coverage is applied to accounts.
- Understand major competitors’ tactics, organization, distribution strategy, and pricing while keeping management informed of trends and changes. Understand the products and their competitive position in the market.
- Assure that strategic and operating plans, major product launches and key programs are properly planned, executed and managed.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop and continuously improve organization as required by management.
- Motivate and provide sales direction to the team.
- Establish, manage and grow the relationship with major OEM accounts. Assist in the conversion of competitive accounts to company’s products.
- Understand major competitors’ tactics, organization, strategy and pricing. Communicate these trends within the company. Understand the products and their competitive position in the market.
- Responsible for determining appropriate structure, including staffing levels and compensation structure
- Develop & implement sales best practices & processes
- Point of Contact for key strategic accounts
- Understand and share the Voice of the Customer
- Develop and maintain customer prospect marketing database
- Negotiation and Manage agreements with customers
- Set, manage and maintain pricing levels
- Develop Sales budget, create and report on monthly forecast for S&OP
ORIS Search Group is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.