Our Client, a premier footwear manufacturer, operates over 5 brick and mortar stores with a large footwear selection throughout Greater New York City. As our client continues to evolve in a rapidly changing environment, they are seeking an experienced, team oriented, Senior Buyer to grow our multifaceted E-commerce business.
This position will create a distinguished and optimal assortment to maximize sales and profitability of business across channels. They will develop and implement strategy by vendor; partner with the buying team to analyze and react to sales trend while maximizing both store and web generated business. is responsible for achieving company sales, gross margin, and turnover objectives by being strategic and distinctive.
Experience with off-price is desired. Also, prior experience retail buying within cold-weather, outdoor, casual boots in Men’s and Women’s is preferred.
Experienced in some or all of the following brands:
- Buy and assort distinctive merchandise to maximize sales and profitability.
- Evaluate and negotiate with market for desirable exclusives.
- Seek and negotiate off price opportunities and pursue market for opportunistic purchases.
- Develop and maintain market relationships with new and existing vendors.
- Provide the assortment strategy information to facilitate the online execution of merchandise strategy.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects – prioritization, planning and task delegation.
- Manage all pricing functions to maximize profitability across all channels.
- Strategically plan, manage and control inventory to maximize sales and margin.
- Collaborate with the eCommerce team to develop and procure trend-right product assortments
- Determine in-season reaction to product performance.
- Determine quantity and which styles / colors should be reordered and vendor's availability for the reorder.
- Negotiate with vendors for collection of RTV and Markdown Allowance money.
- Ensure all items are appearing on web
- Strong partnership skills; ability to leverage current vendor relationships and ability to build new ones.
- Minimum of 2+ years of prior buying experience in a Senior Level role.
- Keen sense of trend and industry knowledge.
- Strong analytical and strategic abilities.
- Willingness to take on new challenges, learn new skills and produce results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
MRINetwork of Clearwater has been representing top talent and impact players for 20+ years. Our office has refined its relationship with clients over two decades in order to provide you an authoritative, connected voice in your marketplace. We are an affiliate of MRI Network International - The world’s largest network of search and staffing specialists with more than 1,100 offices in over 35 countries. We have remained the industry leader due to our strong, consistent staffing processes that are supported by technology, training, service and support. Our goal is to continually provide intelligent staffing solutions to the markets and clients we serve.