Senior Data Analyst
One of our longest established clients is currently looking to add a Sr. Data Analyst with functional BI skills to their corporate division. They are a highly successful bank that is ranked in the top 5 best performing banks in the $20-billion to $50-billion asset size category. They have over a 125-year history and over $35 billion in AUM. They weathered the financial crisis without TARP assistance, have an extremely high customer satisfaction rating, and consistently outperform the market regardless of the financial climate.
This individual will serve as the liaison between the lines of business and IT to help implement business user data marts and create insightful business reporting. As part of the business user team, the candidate goes beyond traditional IT skills by providing business analyses that turns data into customer intelligence, which is actively used to manage the business. This person will report to the Technical Manager of BI Analytics
Primary Job Duties:
- Assist in managing Enterprise customer databases for lines of business users, collaborate with IT to direct the creation & implementation of new databases, data marts, metadata and data hierarchies for data warehouse, and analysis applications.
- Create major business line of business reports using Business Objects and dashboard reporting. Design Business Objects universes to provide underlying data structures to support report creation. Train new business users to use Business Objects to access business databases and build required reports.
- Perform data mining and analysis to address key business issues.
- Automate the verification process for key business user databases that are required for business decision-making.
- Minimum 3 year of experience using databases to extract, summarize, and analyze information.
- Strong technical skills to data mine and analyze data in customer databases, including advanced query & report-writing tools such as Business Objects or equivalent.
- Must be expert level SQL programmer and experienced in database design using Teradata.
- Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience required.
- Requires the ability to understand the business issues, and then provide the best methodology and data to answer the business questions.
Westport One consistently ranks as one of the top 10 offices within the MRI Network system, which consists of more than 700 offices worldwide.
Our search consultants are Information Technology “industry insiders” working specifically with companies to meet their IT needs. We specialize in Database, Network, System, & Web Administrators, Hardware & Software Engineers, Designers, Programmers, Technicians, IT Managers, CIOs, as well as many other IT positions.
Any inquiries relating to this ad will be kept confidential.
To learn more about our organization please visit us at www.westportone.com.
To apply for this position, submit your resume by choosing one or more of the following:
1.) ***CLICKING “APPLY NOW” ON THIS PAGE*** (PREFERRED)
2.) Email your resume in WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to job reference code CZ/STLseniordata in the subject line.
3.) Fax resume with cover letter to: 314-991-9586. Attention: Kim Carlson. Please refer to job reference code CZ/STLseniordata
NO CALLS PLEASE