Specialized computer controlled machinery manufacturer is seeking and individual to provide technical support for machinery located in commercial labs across North America.
During the training period, you will travel to customer sites and develop relationships, while learning the “ins and outs” of this highly specialized machinery. Once trained (likely 12-18 months) travel will diminish to less than 20%.
This position could be ideal for an experienced Field Service Technician who wants less travel in the foreseeable future. OR, it could be appropriate for an individual earlier in their career who seeks excellent training.
Individuals with prior experience servicing medical imaging equipment, CNC equipment, familiarity with PLCs, lathes, or millworking equipment will have the background needed to learn this company’s machinery. Knowledge of common field tools like multimeters, oscilloscopes, and power monitors is helpful.
Because this position will have extensive customer contact, individuals must be skilled with both written and verbal communication.
What’s Great about the Company
- Leader in the industry – both in quality and revenue.
- 70% market share – the leader for their equipment both in the US and globally.
- Financially stable; part of a multi-billion dollar global organization.
- Strong benefit package.
- North American organization is “flat”, creating room for your innovative ideas.
What’s Great about the Position
- Satisfaction of building relationships with customers and ensuring that their equipment is working well.
- You will become an expert in a specific set of equipment.
- Following initial training period, travel will diminish to about 20%; you can enjoy a reasonable work/life balance.
- Commercial labs provide a relatively clean work environment.
Successful Candidates will have Most of the Following
- Six years of experience in troubleshooting computers, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and/or hydraulic industrial systems.
- Outstanding customer interaction skills – verbal and written.
- Familiar with UL and CSA electrical standards.
- Willingness to travel domestically, and possibly, internationally.
- BA in Electrical Engineering or EE Technology preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google