Our client, a dynamic growing company in a niche automotive manufacturing discipline, is searching for a VP of Technology to join their U.S. and European production facilities.
The VP of Technology will be responsible for the company's technical R & D programs, policies and procedures, designed to protect/expand the company's competitive position with a robust product growth pipeline. The successful manager will be able to develop strong relationships with current and future customers, by providing exceptional technical assistance, partnering for research-related activities, establishing innovation as the key focal point.
Essential Position Requirements
- Serve as a member of the company's senior leadership team and help shape the overall strategic direction of the company.
- Work with technical teams at the existing and potential customer base, to fulfill products requirements. As well as, building partnerships for future growth and exceed expectations.
- Develop, direct and maintain a project priority system for short and long-range research programs.
- Maintain necessary records to support patent actions. Coordinate with external legal resources to obtain appropriate patent protection for the company's inventions.
- Responsible for the evaluation/approval of raw materials from new sources.
- Exhibit visionary characteristics: someone who can foresee the market direction and drive developments of products that realize such a future.
- Develop new ideas from product, customer and material science perspectives.
- Travel throughout the international community, as required, and partner with Sales to coordinate industry conference activities and customer visits. (up to 40%)