Reporting to the company’s General Manager, Fresh Division for a world-class global leader of produce. As a private company with 7,500 associates. Grows, distributes or supplies more than 65 organic, USA-grown crops under several major brands as well as associated frozen products & vegetable ingredients. Well diversified and positioned for future growth. Committed to caring for customers and employees, honoring sustainable practices and preserving natural resources for future generations. Family is important. Support at home enables focus at work.
The General Manager-Transportation Solutions Responsible for developing & leading a newly formed logistics company within a family of companies specializing in farming and fresh vegetable processing. Manages a P & L with a staff of 16 associates in a fast-paced environment. Transportation spend of over $150+ million. Develops and executes strategic plan, budget & forecasting methodology. Oversee Business Development for new shipment opportunities. Coordinates order processing, network carrier strategies, & carrier relationship management including inbound raw material, in process, finished goods & inventory transfer movements through various modes (i.e. truckload, LTL, air, ocean, rail, intermodal, small package). Conducts freight network optimization including service provider selection, rate negotiation, carrier awards, and routing guide according to CFR 49 compliance, DOT, OSHA, ELD, FMCSR, CSA, and HOS regulations. Monitors and reports key metrics. Collaborates with the warehousing, procurement, production, sales and farming teams to make sure transportation supports objectives of increasing revenues, optimizing spend, and maximizing profitability. Travel is 10-15%.
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Transportation and logistics (10 years)
- Managed complex multiple warehousing or transportation networks (5 years)
- Transportation modes (Truck, rail, air & ocean) for both domestic & international freight
- Selected and implemented an automated Transportation Management Systems (TMS)
- Proven Business Development within already existing customer base
- Refrigerated transportation
- Utilized third party transportation (i.e. Asset based carriers, freight brokerage, freight forwarding)
- Transportation spends ($25 millions)
- P & L and financial reporting
- Business planning, budgeting, forecasting
- Conducted contract negotiations (i.e. carriers, warehouses, freight companies)
- Evaluated optimum transportation modes based on customer requirements & most economic return
- Developed and maintained KPIs & metrics (i.e. on time delivery, utilization, costs)
- Personnel management (Hired, trained, supervised, mentored & terminated)
- Familiar with government regulations (FDA, CSA, FMCSR, OSHA, DOT, ELD)
- Knowledge & experience with an automated Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Residence: Southern California (Relocation assistance provided)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Hands on in warehousing and shipping operations
- Farming or food production or produce
- Advanced education- MBA or other master’s degree
- Built inter-departmental relationships fostering a collaborative approach.
- Excellent written, verbal & presentation communication
- Promoted teamwork
- Engaged in conflict resolution
- Demonstrated change management
- Worked independently in staff position across departmental lines of authority.
- Validated results driven
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.
Partner: Roz Kennon
CPG, Transportation, Logistics, & Supply Chain
Click here to apply online