System Director Care Management & Clinical Documentation Improvement
Our Firm has been retained by one of the leaders in Wisconsin healthcare. They are part of a dynamic multi-hospital system consistently recognized nationally and internationally for excellence in health care. The cornerstone of their reputation is their medical and support staff, who choose to dedicate their careers to serving the needs of their patients and community.
They have engaged our firm as part of a system-wide clinical transformation to join new leadership in TRULY making a generational IMPACT on how healthcare is delivered in their service area.
Our client is seeking one of the top 10% of candidates to provide leadership to their dynamic Care Management and Clinical Documentation Improvement function.
The Director of Care Management, Utilization Management and Clinical Documentation Improvement is responsible for implementing and supervising the day-to-day operation of the Care Management and Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) programs for System hospitals. Manages activities necessary to ensure appropriate utilization of the System services and its resources while maintaining optimal achievable standards of patient care.
- Identifies opportunities to improve inpatient discharge planning, utilization management and communication amongst payers, providers, and organizations. Sets and monitors performance targets.
- Develops recommendations to increase efficiency of delivery of quality health care services to department senior management; follows through with implementation and leads change management.
- Responsible for strategic planning, organizing, and managing the operations of Clinical Documentation Improvement program and workgroup throughout the system to achieve an optimal level of performance with maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Plans, organizes, implements, and evaluates delivery of care management and discharge planning to ensure appropriate utilization management thereby minimizing denials and appeals.
- Serves as an expert resource in reviewing medical records in support of consistent documentation for all payer types to ensure complete and accurate review of medical record and query opportunity identification.
- Collaborates with Coding, Care Management and Quality Managers to ensure that organizational goals, business objectives and regulatory needs and requirements are being met. Identifies educational opportunities for healthcare team.
- Supports processes for clinical quality, cost-improvement initiatives, and preventing re-hospitalizations.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing.
- 5 years of healthcare leadership experience.
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) preferred.
- Valid WI RN license or eligible.
Our client offers an aggressive salary based on experience, world class benefits and a world class organization for you to practice in and grow to the level your talents deserve!
For prompt and confidential consideration, please apply to the link below:
Click here to apply online