We have an immediate opportunity for a CNC Set-up Technician to join a Tier 1 leader in the high volume casting / machining and associated services of metal parts / components used in the automotive industry. This is a great position with a growing stable manufacturing company and has a competitive compensation package.
Position is located in Howell Michigan, Company benefits include Medical with PPO / HSA Options, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short term / Long term Disability, and a 401k match.
- Maintains and programs all Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machining and automated equipment in order to ensure quality products and minimal down time.
- 70% of time - Supports all technical matters
- 15% of time - Prepares machines for prototype installation
- 15% of time - Changes over revolving jobs
- Supports all technical matters for machining lines and automated equipment
- Communicates with Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Technician to detect problems
- Executes corrective solutions to fix imperfections
- Takes on tasks assigned by Technical/ Tooling Engineer
- Performs CNC machines start up and shutdown
- Changes worn tools, Edits Programs And Performs Dimensional Analysis
- Performs troubleshooting of CNC machines and automated equipment.
- Inspects parts for issues or imperfections and detect source of the matter
- Performs continuous improvement activities related to tooling, fixturing, process flow, and assembly / automation.
- Provides assistance, coaching and Training To New And Existing Colleagues
- Responds to quality and operator machining issues
- Supports the plant to make process improvements to achieve production efficiency and quality
- Provides required data reports and system backups
- Obtains parts needed for new production
- Loads New Programs For New Production
- Works toward continually improving processes
- Learns operations and troubleshoots of new machines
- Loads and installs different jobs into existing machines that have changing tasks
- Adjusts machine programming when necessary
- High School Diploma or GED
- CNC machining and programing training through school, trade school, or equivalent OJT
- 3+ years experience as a CNC machinist or setup technician,
- CNC programming experience M and G Codes
- Familiarity with CMM reports
- Able to read blue prints
- Experience in quality and production machining of aluminum preferred
- Comprehensive analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Proven independent thinking with attention to detail
- Ability to translate technical activities to non-technical personnel