Management Recruiters® of the Lowcountry, LLC.
Charleston, SC 29412 843-628-5021 firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Manufacturing Industrial Engineer-541
Function/Dept: Manufacturing, Reports to: Director of Continuous Improvement / Assistant Plant Manager, Supervises: Directs IE techs on Project-by-Project basis
The manufacturing engineer position develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products; responsible for setting and maintaining labor standards.
- Act as change agent to fundamentally challenge current state conditions and processes.
- Utilize Lean methods and best practices to improve manufacturing processes and methods impacting safety, quality, costs, efficiency, and ergonomics
- Define workspace requirements and workstation designs that minimize space requirements and reduce non-value added activity.
- Determine and document labor content/labor standards, operational sequence, staffing, number of workstations, tooling/fixture/ equipment requirements, material requirements by workstation, and material presentation.
- Perform time studies and work flow analyses; determine takt time and balance the work content to ensure efficient flow of product.
- Lead Kaizen teams and employee involvement efforts.
- Actively support production supervision in attainment of Key Performance metrics and improving the production control system, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and operator training.
- Perform research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods, production equipment, and material presentation.
- Coordinate the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training operators, and evaluating results.
- Effectively manage the Engineering Change Notice Process in assigned areas or products. Maintains BOM’s and routings.
- Specify, install, and verify production tooling, machinery, and equipment.
- Represent manufacturing on cross-functional teams (ex. NPD) and is responsible for the timely execution of manufacturing project plans.
- Prepare and maintain detailed layouts of production areas, buildings, and equipment.
- Perform all job duties in accordance with Code of Ethics to ensure the highest ethical dealings with employees, management, and vendors.
Must fulfill the financial control and risk management responsibilities inherent in the position
- Skills and Knowledge Basic computer skills for spreadsheets, word, and Internet research. AutoCAD is a plus.
- Time/motion study, pace rating, work balancing, ergonomics, work/material flow, & layout.
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge and experience.
- Ability to read prints and BOM’s.
- Structured problem solving abilities. e. Juran, 8D, DMAIC
Required Education/ Certification
BS - Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or related field. Six Sigma or Lean Sigma Black Belt or ASQ QE certification
Minimum of 5 year in durable goods manufacturing environment in the manufacturing engineering role.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status.