We have an awesome opportunity for a Combustion Engineer to join an international leader with 125+ years of history supporting the steel industry! You will provide engineering expertise in the field of new production equipment enhancements and project engineering concept to implementation. The Principal Combustion Engineer will focus on equipment used for graphite products manufacturing such as baking / re-baking furnaces, carbonizing furnaces, graphitizing furnaces.
Generous benefits and compensation package is provided for this key role. Relocation support is also provided to the Cleveland OH area home of Rock n Roll Hall of Fame! And not to mention, world class sporting venues, restaurants, events & attractions! It has a cost of living 23% below the US average with affordable housing! Health insurance starts from day 1 and has matches for both Employee Savings Account and 401k!
- Conducts innovative process equipment concept design requiring a high level of creativity of approach
- Demonstrates exceptional skill in applying designs to both existing and new plant equipment.
- Work with Electrode team on developing production equipment for new products.
- Manages project throughout life cycle from concept to production.
- Through liaison with plant and Electrode staff, is aware of current process, safety, and environmental needs and activities of the lines of business.
- Maintains expert level knowledge in hot process equipment field.
- Bachelors degree in a branch of engineering; BSME or BSChE desired.
- Particular competence in fields of Combustion, Heat transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics and Control Systems.
- Thorough knowledge of plant processes and solution to problems related to production equipment.
- Project engineering and project management experience and demonstrated competence.
- Extensive practical knowledge gained through years of experience in relevant industry.
- Minimum of five years experience in a strategic engineering role.
- Experience in design and/or operations of production equipment including gas fired baking furnaces; electrical resistance heating, induction heating, destruction and treatment of pollutants, control systems, control of soot formation, burner optimization, refractory systems, mass and energy balances,
- Ability to travel as required for role.
- Advanced Education is a plus.
- Experience with graphite products is a plus.
- Industry / Professional training / certifications is a plus