We have a great opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join a world leader in mineral / chemical manufacturing. This international company is looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer that has worked in a heavy manufacturing, chemical, petrochemical, or refinery operations. You will help determine the most effective maintenance approach to provide the operating facilities with the required reliability and availability, at the least cost.
This great role has career stability as this operation has been in place for over 100 years! This is a key role with advancement and growth opportunity! It has lots of positives to consider:
- Joining an International Leader / Provider of minerals / chemicals with 14,000 employees worldwide
- Career growth in a stable environment
- Great affordability with lower than average housing cost and higher than average appreciation
- Highly educated population and good schools
- If you like being outdoors in this great weather for all types of activities you have mountains, desert, biking, hiking, snowboarding / skiing, boating, motorsports and golfing!
This key role has a very competitive compensation and benefits program that include medical/ dental insurance, FSA account, 401k match, Life / ADD insurance, disability, paid vacation, disability and education reimbursement. An extensive corporate relocation program provided.
- identify asset issues, recommend resolutions and maintain or increase overall production reliability.
- Restore equipment to base condition—inherent levels of reliability and safety
- Identify the most cost-effective and applicable maintenance techniques
- Develop detailed project specifications including drawings, data sheets, etc. in full compliance with recognized industry standards.
- Coordinate maintenance activities to restore equipment on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Develop SOP’s, training, and validation of equipment repairs.
- Manage relationships with OEM and preferred equipment manufacturers, specialists, and technical support consultants.
- Conduct post-audits to measure the effectiveness of significant maintenance related projects and activities.
- Identify and correct chronic electrical equipment problems.
- Improve maintenance related downtime
- Support turnarounds, planned and unplanned outages, major electrical equipment overhauls, routine and non-routine repairs.
- Interact with CMMS system to create and track purchase requisitions, asset history, etc.
- Obtain the information necessary for design improvement for equipment and systems
- Work closely with manufacturing team at all levels to resolve technical issues and troubleshoot electrical equipment.
- Lead Management of Change (MOC) process for electrical driven changes and perform technical review.
- Support Central Engineering group in reviewing equipment specifications and equipment selection
- Monitoring installation and successful start-up of mechanical equipment in specific facility.
- Mentor maintenance technicians
- Improve equipment and system reliability, safety and sustainability at minimum total cost.
- Perform technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results to solve reliability problems.
- Lead failure analysis of electrical systems/equipment and educate both maintenance and production technicians after failure analysis.
- Maintain and update plant electrical drawings and files as needed.
- Maintain reliability metrics, scorecards, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for purposes of measuring and identifying the highest value reliability opportunities.
- Perform technical maintenance/calibration of electrical protective devices.
- BSEE is required.
- 3 + years in a manufacturing environment is required. Refinery, petrochemicals, mining or heavy process industry is highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting, analyzing, and resolving complex electrical problems.
- Understand the proper application of electrical equipment for power, control, and SCADA systems required
- Minimum of 2 years experience with PLC’s HMIs, AC/DC drives and motors, low and medium power distribution, substations and power distribution equipment (transformers, circuit breakers, cables, etc.)
- Must have a solid understanding of production processes, electrical and instrumentation (E&I) field applications and basic understanding of mechanical engineering practices
- Proficient experience with knowledge of OSHA, industry standards, such as the National Electric Code, NFPA 70E (Standard for Electrical Safety in The Work Place), NFPA 70B, IEEE, etc.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Working knowledge of CMMS and work order systems.
- Experience with causal reasoning and root cause analysis techniques.
- Professional certifications such as PE or Six Sigma or specialized training is a plus
- Advanced education is a plus