This is a publicly-traded manufacturing company that works in a variety of automotive and transportation industries. Their products and systems are critical elements in the management of mechanical and electrical systems to improve overall vehicle performance, convenience and monitoring in areas such as emissions control, fuel efficiency, safety, security and infotainment.
The Senior Product Engineer in Mechatronics will lead design of Mechatronic Systems and components (actuators). The company defines Mechatronics by four key areas: software, electronics, gears and motors. This person will be responsible for managing technology development and integration into existing and new product opportunities. This position is open to due growth and awarded business.
- Lead engineering activities to support new product developments while interfacing with global customers
- Utilize UGNX software to inform mechanical design processes, including stack up analysis and material properties
- Lead development and testing of brushless DC (BLDC) and brushed motor actuators
- Manage extensive engineering budget
- Perform deep research on leveraging tools and design ecosystems (such as with gears)
- Pioneer enhancements of Product Development process
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience in mechanical design, gear/geartrain design, embedded electronics, embedded software, brushed and brushless DC motors
- Experience in the application of mechatronic products in the automotive (driveline components a plus), ground transportation, aerospace, and/or power tools industries
- Experience with designing specific parts (vs development, testing, etc.), preferably gear design used in actuators for automotive applications
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of product development and testing in the automotive industry
- Experience managing a global team, Asia preferably