Commercial Lines Customer Service Representative
The Commercial Lines Customer Service Representative Provides assistance to producers in handling and processing of new and renewal commercial lines business. Provide in-house customer service to clients as assigned and requested.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate policy expiration with producer and/or account executive to obtain renewal and/or new business information. Maintain expiration control log.
- Prepare insurance proposals as directed by commercial specialist
- Assist in marketing new and renewal business, determine premiums, prepare presentation packets and maintain underwriting and marketing information by carrier.
- Receive phone calls from clients and companies regarding insurance coverage, claims, or administrative problems, and comply with the request and/or refer to the producer when necessary.
- Maintain a suspense system to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports, and follow up on overdue and suspense items.
- Be familiar with and follow agency E&O guidelines.
- Maintain electronic and/or paper files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Perform special projects at management’s request.
- Generates documents and produces correspondence to satisfy client service requests.
- Maintains orderly electronic files and information, following agency standards
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, coverage’s and technology to continuously improve knowledge and stay current
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills
- Cooperates positively and provides information and guidance as needed to contribute to the business efforts of the agency.
- Property and Casualty Insurance License required
- Minimum two years experience in related positions
- Full knowledge of insurance products and usages
- Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills and the ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information
- Basic math skills
- Ability to utilized computer programs and understand functionality
- Ability to process written and other materials visually
- Word processing and typing skills