Reporting to the CEO and the COO for a specialized manufacturing company that generates approximately $550MM in gross revenues with 2500 associates in North America. They are North America's leading service provider of engineered components, products, and solutions for the window and door industry. Their vision is to make every home and building in North America better. Their mission is to create long term value for their shareholders, customers, employees, families, suppliers and communities through a culture of innovation, empowerment and trusted results, and providing the broadest, highest quality product portfolio in the industry.
Achieving progressively higher levels of Operational excellence is a core organizational strategy. The Director, Continuous Improvement Reporting to the CEO and the COO will leverage their significant multi-plant manufacturing experience to effectively lead zero-loss, value analysis and value engineering (VAVE), and core Lean Manufacturing principles and methodologies to drive breakthroughs within the manufacturing and distribution facilities in North America initially. The Director of Continuous Improvement will develop and drive programs to prevent or eliminate waste and defects in existing processes and enhance new or existing products or services. The Director of Continuous Improvement will need to effectively communicate with key stakeholders and influence other functional teams (sales, operations, marketing, service and engineering, etc.) to deliver expected end results. They will be accountable for achieving key targets and developing a strong team of CI/Quality managers and stakeholders. This individual will create a culture of continuous improvement that is sustainable and will coordinate all CI leads. Has 3-6 direct reports. The scope of this role is expected to expand to include all parent organizations production facilities globally within 6 to 12 months.
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Current Manufacturing in World Class Industrial/Machine Manufacturing or similar (10 years)
- Multi-plant CI leadership with quantifiable success (5 years)
- CI Management that creates a culture of CI that is sustainable (3 years)
- Lean, Kaizen, 6 Sigma
- Solid financial and Cost Accounting understanding
- Significant demonstrable experience applying & delivering productivity savings.
- Program/Project management with demonstrated project results from concept though completion
- Led Lean Kaizen activities & utilized key Lean tools (SQDC boards, Kanban, 5S, SMED, TPM, VSM, Std. Work)
- Partnered with Design Engineering in the development of new products
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Residence: Lakeville MN (Relocation assistance provided)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Black belt / MBB and Lean Six Sigma
- Master Continuous Improvement Certification(s)
- P&L and Financial Statement Responsibility
- Education: Bachelor’s Engineering discipline and/or master’s degree
- Fenestration experience
- Led cross-functional teams
- Drove teamwork and collaboration in participative environment
- Problem solving (analytical applications and root cause analysis) and idea generation
- Excellent and focused written and verbal communication
- High level of integrity and ethics, able to handle sensitive and proprietary information
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.
Practice Leader: Roz Kennon
CPG, Transportation, Logistics, & Supply Chain
Click here to apply online