We have a confidential Plant Leadership opportunity with a Global Chemical Client that has a world-class portfolio of brands and is an industry leader across multiple segments. The Plant Manager provides clear direction & manages the site 3 shift manufacturing operations. We are looking for a leader that has a record of success with inspiring and mentoring an experienced team with a sense of urgency in achieving timelines and targets. If you are looking to join an industry leader and have a passion for continuous improvement then this is your future!
This position includes a key role that offers benefits that start the day you do! This includes a strong and competitive compensation plan with world-class benefits that include: medical plans, HSA account, incentives, prescription plans, dental plan, vision plan, FSA account, no-cost life insurance, ADD insurance, short term disability, long term disability, EAP services, business travel accident benefits, 401k with 100% match and separate company contributions! Relocation support is provided to IL
- Builds a team that collectively is capable of and fully involved in achieving the task through coaching and mentoring.
- Develops a strong talent bench for key positions at the site, enhancing talent development and engagement levels.
- Plans, leads, organizes & controls the delivery of the operation’s contribution to business objectives and overall performance
- Ensures strategy is communicated to the site organization effectively to ensure accountability, focus, and feedback
- Transfers best practices in and knowledge transfer out into the plant
- Implements Lean and Continuous Improvement programs at the plant.
- provides insights regarding developments based on the analysis.
- Contributes to the formulation of business objectives from a manufacturing perspective
- Ensures site capabilities, constraints and HSE considerations are part of the business plan
- Continuously improves the performance levels for the site in terms of customer service, safety, cost, quality, material efficiency, capital, engagement, and resource productivity
- Drives accountability for goals/targets and enforces the minimum personal performance level.
- Identifies and responds effectively to hazards in HSE and security.
- Designs installs and safely maintains assets
- Produces and effectively uses materials and services.
- Establishes a culture of functional and operational excellence, continuous improvement and accountability, professionalism and commitment to company values and behaviors
- Identifies talent with growth potential and facilitates the exchange of talents across other plant sites with colleagues for development.
- A primary point of contact for communications with media, attorneys, governmental and regulatory officials, community and business leaders, customers, employer association/association of the chemical industry.
- Be familiar with all applicable policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct/HSE standards and ensures compliance with all regulations.
Education & Experience
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical Engineer preferable. Will consider other degrees with relevant experience
- 8+ years in manufacturing paint or coatings experience
- Previous plant operations leadership experience in batch manufacturing operations
- Can demonstrate past success in implementing lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement with tangible results.
- Skilled with coaching, training and driving accountability for goals.
- Can inspire and lead teams to perform.
- Strong communication skills at all levels.
- Possess a track record of achieving manufacturing goals and timelines.
- Professional training/certifications are a plus. i.e.Green Belt, Black Belt or Lean
- Advanced education is a plus