Financial Reporting Manager
Manage and supervise financial reporting staff in preparation and production of monthly in-house reports to the bank Board of Directors, quarterly and annual published Bank stockholder reports and District financial information, and quarterly and annual regulatory reports. Responsible for financial analyses as required. Must be able to work under time pressures and deadlines as dictated by policies and regulations.
Day to Day Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide supervision and personnel administration as related to the Financial Reporting staff. Ensures work flow of team is well planned, coordinated and executed within required timelines.
- Coordinate and manage the production process and review of staff’s work for the published annual and quarterly Bank stockholder reports and District financial information.
- Prepare the quarterly and annual stockholder reports, press release and other requested documents and reports for review by the Disclosure Committee.
- Coordinate and manage the production process and review of bank and district financial data reported to the bank Board of Directors, FCA (on behalf of the bank) and the Funding Corporation.
- Work with external auditor to plan their quarterly review and annual audit of district financial data and disclosures. This function includes but is not limited to: a) supervising the preparation of financial reporting schedules requested by PwC and b) resolving any issues that arise.
- Reviews financial documents or filings for completeness, accuracy and compliance with relevant Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), regulations and controls for SOX and operations purposes.
- Ensure walkthroughs and control activities for functional areas are maintained from a Sarbanes-Oxley 404 perspective.
- Research, interpret and implement accounting pronouncements and standards as appropriate in order to fairly and accurately report and/or disclose financial data to management, stockholders, Board of Directors, FCA and the Funding Corporation.
- Review and evaluate financial statements and perform analyses, as required.
- Manage the performance of the financial reporting team and provides opportunities for learning and growth. Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring. Foster teamwork and collaboration.
- Compile and review the financial transactions of the District’s defined benefit pension plan, prepare financial statements for the plan at year-end in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, coordinate/facilitate financial impact aspects of the plan with the plan’s auditors, and present the audited financial statements to the DBAC.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
What You Bring to the Team:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting, business, finance or economics, plus (7) seven or more years work experience in financial and regulatory reporting. Prior work experience shall include staff supervision, development of complex analysis, development of financial policies and procedures, and operation of PC spreadsheet, database and word processing software. CPA certification and Accounting Degree are required. Public accounting background preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Position also requires skills in or knowledge of accounting principles, financial analysis, consolidated financial statement presentation, regulatory reporting, interpersonal relationships and time management.
- Position supervises financial reporting team, addresses personal administration and fosters teamwork.
- Detail oriented.
- Also has ability to identify and seek needed information/research skills.
Why Work Here:
We offer comprehensive, affordable and competitive benefit options that are focused on health and wellness, financial security, and achieving a work-life balance.
- Flexible health and wellness benefits, including medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision care, flexible spending accounts, and more…
- 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional employer contribution
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Vacation leave, sick leave and paid holidays
- Option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for emergency services
- Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community organizations, services or events
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Physical fitness incentive plan
- Employer matching gifts program