If you are interested in a Plant Engineering Manager role where your skills and experience will be put to work within a collaborative and entrepreneurial style environment, then we need to speak with you.
The Engineering/Facilities Manager plans, organizes and directs Manufacturing Services functions, including Maintenance, Manufacturing/Process Engineering, Tooling Department, and Facilities Engineering through the proper use of parts, tools, machinery, equipment and facilities to successfully support all manufacturing operations.
- Directs the development and improvement of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Directs day-to-day maintenance activities to ensure uptime and safety goals are met.
- Analyze, review and modify existing processes to optimize productivity, quality and safety.
- Ensures conformance with applicable regulations and standards (OSHA, environmental, health and safety and others required)
- Consults with departments and/or project teams to resolve questions of process intent, product capability, customer requirements, manufacturing capability, etc. and develop a manufacturing process that meets all specified requirements.
- Design and fabricate or purchase tooling, equipment, fixtures, etc. to test manufacturing capability of products, identify and process problems and modify accordingly to achieve the specified objectives while meeting project timing milestones.
- Develop cost requirements for projects, write and track capital expenditure requests for each project through completion.
- Purchase, fabricate and install capital equipment to maintain a state-of-the-art, capable production process and future operation readiness.
- Establish Gantt Charts for projects with regular updates to monitor progress and assure timely completion.
- Coordinate large-scale-projects, acting as the general contractor with fabricators and vendors, while leading assigned internal personnel.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Serves as a member of the plant staff; supports and helps develop plant objectives, works well with and supports other departments and other company locations as required.
- Must develop a strong rapport with other facilities and interplant associates, and establish an information sharing system that will enhance project success and promote new ideas.
Education, Training Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university; of an Associates of Science or Engineering Degree and 5 to 7 years of experience in Facilities and Manufacturing; or without degree, 15 years work experience in Facilities Management, CAPEX or similar role
- Strong history of demonstrated success in a similar position
- Strong PLC Controls experience from past roles
- Strong leadership, communication, problem-solving and team building skills.
- Must be able to interface effectively with team members, customers, vendors and all levels of management to be effective in the position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Project Management software, Design Software, ERP systems
- Automotive industry experience preferred. LEAN/TPS experience preferred
Apply now for this exceptional career opportunity