Reporting to the Director of Operations for a specialized heavy machinery manufacturing company that generates in excess of $175 million in gross revenues with 450 associates. Serves key markets through a network of 300+ dealer locations throughout North America and overseas. Sources steel, components, and sub-assemblies predominately from within North America.
The Supply Chain Manager has an approximately $100 million sourcing and transportation spend, with a current total staff of 60. Responsible for managing the company’s sourcing/procurement as well as the inbound/outbound materials management operations. The position will establish and implement (a) an effective sourcing strategy and (b) material management policies/procedures, while driving cost/cash savings, risk management, and contract execution. Duties include developing strong supplier relationships consistent with minimizing inventory costs and maximizing service both to manufacturing and to customers. The challenge is to provide strong leadership and direction to the entire inbound/outbound supply chain team.
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Supply-chain experience (8 years)
- Sourcing/procurement (2 years)
- Strong leadership capacity (3 years)
- Budget/spend responsibility ($80+ million)
- Low volume, high SKU, flexible manufacturing environment.
- Materials management and inventory control process development, implementation, operation
- Skillset in negotiation, conflict resolution, and building supplier relationships
- Continuous process improvement for cost reduction and service improvement
- Risk management
- Developed, implemented, operated KPIs for both vendors and supply-chain team members
- Financial controls – budgets, pricing, costs, working capital
- Hands-on/shop-floor purchasing, warehousing, and transportation leadership
- IT skill set, e.g. ERP, MRP, WMS, TMS
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Residence: Central Michigan (relocation assistance offered)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Engine and steel sourcing
- Productivity training, mentoring, and team building
- Strategic sourcing process development, implementation, operation
- New product development and life-cycle processes
- Professional qualifications e.g. CSCMP, APICS, ISM, APS
- Advanced Degree – MBA
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Results driven and team player (operates through consensus)
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.
Practice Leader: Robert Munro
Supply Chain (Food) Management
Click here to apply online