Reporting to the Product Engineering Manager, the Quality Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimize quality costs and maximize customer satisfaction while ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to. Ensure incoming materials meet required quality standards. Responsible for identifying and raising quality issues and for speedily resolving them to ensure zero impact to the customer. Support new product introductions to ensure the robustness of product builds. Work in a team environment to develop and implement best practices that emphasize defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide for continuous improvements in meeting all customer requirements.
The duties and responsibilities of the Quality Engineer will consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify root cause and implement permanent corrective actions for product quality issues
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve quality issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety standards
- Leads PPAP execution and implementation - ensures proper maintenance practices.
- Monitor and report on quality-related key performance indicators including scrap monitoring, rework levels, parts per million (PPM) figures while identifying opportunities for improvement
- Stop production to prevent the manufacture of unacceptable goods
- Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Quality Management system
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), and Measurement System Analysis
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products with a focus on the organizations ability to measure and meet customer requirements consistently
- Participate in the development of Design and Process FMEA’s (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Coordinate communication between product engineering and the testing laboratories
- Undertake special projects as required and contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Produce written reports and make presentations on quality issues, root cause analysis, and corrective actions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Work Experience: 5 years of demonstrated work experience in this area, Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Education: BS in Quality Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Computer Skills: Prior experience working with ERP systems, Auto CAD, and MS Office Suite
- Certifications: ASQ Certified Quality Engineer; Lean Six Sigma certification is a plus
- Computer Skills: intermediate to advanced Excel skills
WHAT CANDIDATES SAY ABOUT THIS RECRUITER:
Scott was very great to work with. I always knew where I stood in the process, had great response time with him and was a great person just to talk to and bounce ideas off of. I highly recommend him and feel as if I made a great friend in the process.