We have a terrific opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to join a global manufacturer of automotive lighting products. This exciting growth company has manufactured and designed innovative lighting products for most of the OEMs including BMW, FORD, Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, Chrysler, Mazda, and GM. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will utilize your experience and talents to provide technical support to the plant.
You will be able to achieve goals that require a considerable degree of evaluation, originality, latitude, and independent judgment with regards to planning and implementing assembly processes. You will be applying standard engineering concepts, practices, and procedures to plan, design, and implement assembly processes, ensure new product designs can be manufactured, and maintain the assembly processes in production.
Company relocation is provided to a beautiful family-friendly area in the Old South and has a cost of living that is 10% below the US average. Many top music artists from around the world flock to record in this southern city that has a rich musical heritage. Company benefits include Medical with PPO / HSA Options, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short term / Long term Disability, and a 401k match.
This position is a high priority so don't delay if you are interested. I look forward to talking with you!
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provides day-to-day technical support for the assembly processes in the plant.
- Develops Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) requirements, including Process Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (PFMEA), Process Flow Charts, and Process Design Sheets.
- Maximizes efficiency by analyzing assembly line layouts, workflow, assembly methods, change-over-fixturing, gauges, work-in-process (WIP) storage, and tool storage.
- Leads and participates in activities to build prototype and pre-production sample part, and distributes internal Initial Sample Inspection Report (ISIR).
- Supports Program Management generated project macro-schedules with detailed engineering micro-schedules to ensure that all project milestones are tracked and completed on time.
- Identifies Value Engineering/Value Analysis (VE/VA) ideas and standard parts to be implemented into new product designs.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology or a related discipline.
- 3+ years of related manufacturing experience
- Experience in a Just In Time (JIT) automotive manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience with TS16949 manufacturing standards, APQP, PFMEA and Flow Charts
- Skilled with Lean / Six Sigma methods
- Possess good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Computer skills in standard business software (including MS Office programs)
- Written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills – to confidently interact with individuals at all levels of authority.
- Tier 1 manufacturing experience is a plus
- Advanced education is a plus
- Professional training / certifications are a plus