We are currently seeking a Construction Estimator to join our team. We are a commercial builder with a strong track record of building quality projects around Sacramento. Our company is small with ~25 employees.
The Project Estimator is primarily responsible for establishing the project budget. This involves the preparation of the proposal based on the drawings and specifications, development of the preliminary schedule, estimate, and initial contract negotiations for establishing a Lump Sum or Guaranteed Maximum Price. The responsibilities of the Project Estimator vary depending on the size and type of project they are proposing on. Some projects may require months of design and cost analysis which provides the opportunity to introduce other members of the team for input on constructability and coordination. Regardless of project size the Project Estimator is the primary contact for the project through design.
- Proven construction estimating experience
- BS or BA in Engineering, Construction Science or similar field
- High-level understanding of research methodology, data analysis, and estimation metrics
- Basic understanding of accounting and project management
- Proficiency in Timberline and HCSS HeavyBid
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strategic planner
- Well-organized and reliable with great attention to detail
- Comfortable with numbers and technology