Position & Company Summary
Design engineer position working for a multinational manufacturer of hydraulic components. The position reports to the engineering manager and is responsible for design of custom Hydraulic cylinders utilized by mobile equipment OEM’s.
Required – education, training, experience and skills
- Bachelor degree (BS) or higher in Mechanical Engineering or related field from an accredited institution
- 5 to 10 years of applicable experience in design of custom Hydraulic cylinders
- Advanced knowledge of Fluid power industry, products knowledge, techniques, regulations and policies
- Proficient with engineer design and analysis tools. Experience with CAD design software
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Possesses presentation, training, time management, planning and project management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all organizational levels
- Organized, detailed oriented and ability to manage multiple priorities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops designs from customer input/requirements
- Develops conceptual and detailed product specs
- Provides technical information for review with engineering team and customers
- Review product specs to ensure clarity, completeness, form fit function to standard and procedures
- Identify design errors and omissions and recommends revisions, ECN’s and improvements
- Develops technical and professional knowledge via ongoing workshops, technical publications and participating in professional associations.
ORIS Search Group is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.