My client, one of the leading General Contractors in the nation, is searching for a Project Manage for their Charlotte, NC location. This GC is a medium sized, privately owned GC that enjoys some of the advantages of a larger company while having many of the attributes of a smaller one.
In this position you will:
- Ensure all safety compliance and quality programs are being executed on the project site. Safety is one of our core values
- Actively participate in bidding and pre-construction services
- Manage the performance of the professional support personnel on the project site
- Maintain strict control over the budget and keep project on schedule, ensuring ongoing profitability
- Execute subcontracts and purchase orders, and approve subcontractor invoices and change requests
- Negotiate contract changes with the client
- Complete close-out requirements for projects and collect final payment
- Mentor and train Project Engineers and Assistant Project Managers to ensure their ongoing career growth and development
To qualify for this position, you must have the following background:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Engineering or Architecture
- A minimum of seven years of relevant construction operations experience working in various general commercial building markets.
- Experience in refrigerated and non-refrigerated manufacturing and distribution centers is preferred
- The ability to travel throughout the Mid-Atlantic region
- Ability to construct a critical path project schedule using scheduling software. Experience with Primavera v6 is preferred
My client is very motivated to hire and this position will not be around for long. If interested please send a copy of your resume in Word or PDF to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted in 24 hours.