This advanced engineering company provides innovative sensing, intelligent systems, and software solutions. The company’s roots are in the development of atmospheric measurement systems for aerospace customers, but they also apply their expertise in environmental, agricultural, and biomedical applications.
The Lead Opto-Mechanical Engineer will join a team of engineers and scientists in developing cutting-edge mechanical design solutions for a variety of environments, including space, air, and challenging earth-bound locations. Key responsibilities include mechanical and opto-mechanical design, fabrication, and testing to support R&D as well as product development and manufacturing.
• Lead mechanical and opto-mechanical design and test activities.
• Work closely with other disciplines to provide solutions for systems operating in challenging environments (space, air, ground, and sea).
• Participate in R&D and production-level design activities.
• Participate in fabrication and build efforts.
• Support field activities to deploy systems; some travel required.
• Participate in new business development and support proposal activities.
• Communicate directly with customers, vendors, partners, and internal staff.
• B.S. (Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Physics).
• Demonstrated experience with opto-mechanical design and optics.
• Demonstrated experience with finite element analysis (FEA) for thermal/transient, stress, vibration, and fatigue.
• Experience in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
• Experience in Design for Manufacturing and Design for Cost.
• Experience with optical design tools (e.g., Zemax) a plus.