Our Client, a multi-site producer of chemicals and allied products, has an immediate opening for a Continuous Improvement Lean Systems Lead at one of its sites in Wyoming.
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Lean Systems Lead will be an integral member of our CI team as a driver for expanding the lean culture of the site. This position is accountable for providing a bottom line effective approach that utilizes Six Sigma and Lean principles in the various stages of current and future improvement projects. This role is out on the floor, in the middle of the action, bridging the gap of Lean Principle to Lean Application. Focus areas will include roll-out & support of Training Within Industry (TWI), building shop floor engagement in problem-solving and continuous improvement activities (including Kaizen-type activities), and building a waste elimination culture. The candidate will be able to lead and motivate others through training events, implementations, and overcoming barriers that can put projects at risk.
- Lead and execute project implementation activities with a focus on Lean Manufacturing tools
- Roll out and support TWI
- Build shop floor engagement in problem-solving and CI activities
- Conduct program training
- Define projects, plan, integrate, and assign work
- Develop project communications and manage project risk
- Coaching and Leadership
- Track progress, Identify and address barriers
- Carry out closeout & evaluation of project effectiveness
- Conduct lessons learned activities to continuously improve changes to the operation
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt with 3 years of dedicated continuous improvement experience in manufacturing OR Lean Manufacturing Training and 4 years of dedicated continuous improvement experience in manufacturing
- 3 years of project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to build shop floor engagement in CI/Lean-type processes
- Bachelor's degree in business or a technical field such as Engineering
- Work experience in a continuous manufacturing process such as a chemical processing operation
- Expertise in implementing TWI
- 6 years of dedicated continuous improvement experience
Our client offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, relocation assistance and much more.
Please send your resume in Word.doc format to Reed Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to Job No. 10986.