Vice President – Mechanical / Refrigeration Contractor
Highland Consulting Group is a national executive search firm that specializes in recruiting top construction talent.
Our client, a leading Mechanical Contractor in the Charlotte, NC area with a focus on commercial and industrial projects has an immediate need for a Vice President. This full-time position reports directly to the company President. The Vice President is responsible for the entire mechanical division that includes the installation of commercial & Industrial projects as well as managing the Service Manager and their team. These projects will have a combination of Refrigeration (Ammonia & Freon systems), HVAC and, Mechanical Piping.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the Design / Build sales effort for the company
- Support company sales staff and assist in closing deals
- Manage the Service Department Manager
- Monitor workload of the project managers, estimators, and service department
- Review project estimates and job status
- Negotiate vendor pricing
- Maintain relationships with existing customers
- Foster development of new customer relationships
- Review financial statements and manage the department profitability
- At least 10 years mechanical construction experience
- Strong technical experience with mechanical, HVAC, and refrigeration systems (ammonia & freon) for commercial & industrial applications
- Ability to work well in a supportive team environment
- Experienced salesperson that can close deals without additional support
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills required
- Ability to organize multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Superior customer relation skills
- BS degree with an emphasis on engineering, construction or business
- Proven entrepreneurial spirit, passion for growth, and hunger for success
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Innovation – We create a culture of relentless improvement of solutions and processes to make every day better
- Integrity – We are open, honest, and committed to giving the straight story every time
- Service - We serve our clients, families, communities, and most importantly our people who are empowered and safe in making decisions and taking actions that dare to make us better
- Ownership - We take full, personal, individual responsibility for our actions and our work
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
This company cares about and is committed to the well being of its employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees.
If you have this type of experience, please apply to this position. You can also contact me, John Kane, directly @ (724) 972-4753 to learn more about this opportunity.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.