Director of Information Technology
Highly profitable mutual insurance company has retained The Carlisle Group seeking to hire a talented Director of Information Technology. The role, reporting to the President & CEO, is a highly visible opportunity in the organization with complete span of control over the entire IT function. In depth ability to lead, manage vendor relationships, and effectively handle project management on a wide variety of projects will be needed from the successfully selected candidate.
To lead in the development and management of the company's system infrastructure and communications technology in order to provide the most efficient support for current operations and future information technology (IT) needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Heads the process of developing and implementing the IT system for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Defines future requirements and coordinates planning for installing system improvements on the basis of technological developments. Oversees the development and enhancement of systems and integrating new systems with existing systems.
- Responsible for budget management as well as staff hiring, training, and supervision in IT Department.
- Helps to establish and builds relationships with vendors and negotiates cost-efficient contracts in conjunction with company leadership.
- Operates system to support company operations and service in the most efficient manner and modifies infrastructure as needed to give maximum support.
- Takes action to ensure the reliability, efficiency, and confidentiality of information system.
- Oversees the network management, including wide area, local area, and remote access capabilities.
- Develops system with provision for continuity of operations during any disaster recovery or other emergency situations.
- Identifies security vulnerabilities and eliminates them with strategic solutions that increase data safety.
- Ensures written documentation is created and maintained to include user and system manuals, license agreements and all documentation relating to modifications and upgrades.
- Works with IT staff to develop plans and strategies so client services can be enhanced, user effective can be improved, and innovation encouraged.
- Directly supervises three employees in the Information Technology Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent in computer science or related field; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the latest technology of IT systems and management including SQL server database management, Powershell scripting, a range of computer and networking systems including Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Windows Server, Active Directory, various network hardware and peripheral equipment and a understanding of Cat5 cabling patch panel/switch.