Supervise the Generation Maintenance group to ensure high plant availability and reliability. Provide department leadership by developing department goals, establishing standards for employee development, and budgeting for department needs.
Responsible for power generation facilities maintenance, including project identification, overall budget, detailed planning, contract or in-house labor direction, close out and training
• Serve as project leader on projects as assigned
• Ensure special maintenance materials, spare parts, tools, etc. are available as necessary to perform work on schedule
• Make recommendations for optimizing maintenance activities
• Assists in the planning for and installation of new plant equipment
• Help develop new corrective, preventive, predictive, overhaul, and plant improvement projects
Supervise the activities of Generation Maintenance personnel, including:
• Make recommendations for hiring, promotion, evaluation, discharge, or other disciplinary action
• Train employees on policies and procedures to ensure their understanding and set the stage for succession planning
• Provide guidance to staff regarding work procedures, technical issues, work priorities, and special requests
• Develop and maintain a culture of safety within the department; support the Utility’s safety programs, ensure adequate training, and provide safe working conditions and practices.
• Champion a culture of continuous improvement utilizing lean principles and other continuous improvement tools to maximize department efficiency
• Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 7+ years of power plant or heavy industrial experience, including at least 3 years of supervisory experience
• Prior power plant operational knowledge desired
• Comprehensive knowledge of the company’s power generation facilities, including plant equipment, site utilities, piping and other systems and applicable codes and standards that govern work at power generation facilities
• Good understanding of maintenance processes, including maintenance management techniques, planning and scheduling, preventive and predictive maintenance, and computerized maintenance management systems
• Strong knowledge of plant maintenance/operation with knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
• Understanding of welding processes and procedures, metal fabrication, machine tools, power tools, etc.
• Knowledge of Collective Bargaining Agreement
• Proven leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive professional relationships and promote a team atmosphere
• Proficiency with use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel with a basic proficiency in databases
• Project management skills
• Ability to think strategically but also focus on tactical and operational issues
• Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, and maintenance manuals
• Ability to work independently, effectively prioritize work, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and adjust work priorities as needed to meet department/organizational objectives
Municipal utility that has been providing electric and water services in the Quad Cities area for 100 years
2266m-Supervisor, Power Plant Maintenance
Visit our website for more details www.mriheadhunter.com
This position is being offered through Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Unable to sponsor or transfer H1 visas at this time.
Bachelor's power gen power plant O&M fossil coal ash operations generating station control center safety MISO maintenance budget Ames Cedar Falls Davenport Iowa City university Iowa Muni Iowa State MidAmerican Ameren