VICE PRESIDENT OF MANUFACTURING
Market leading and fast-growing company with US and global presence is continuing to expand its product line, operations and global customer reach. This company has been one of the fastest growing companies in the US and now has more than 30 plant operations.
The Vice President of Manufacturing will be responsible for all aspects of plant operations for multiple plants. This includes Plant Manager direct reports, overall plant management, employees and all activities that are required to safely produce/package quality food products with the most efficient use of labor and materials in each unit. Deliver KPIs (Safety, Quality, Service, Cost and Culture) for all facilities in assigned region and is directly accountable to lead the facilities to a level of performance identifiable with World Class organizations, utilizing lean production and continuous improvement techniques.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall direction of all plants, plant P&L’s, achieving KPI’s and coordination and ensure the conversion of raw materials to finished products/package with minimum waste and labor cost.
- Management, mentoring, evaluation of Plant Managers
- Work collaboratively with the CI Leaders to implement and sustain Continuous Improvement and Technical Services.
- Provide leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Oversees the implementation and consistent application of a 5S environment in assigned region.
- Direct manufacturing activities to ensure maximum quality is delivered in products and/or packaging while maintaining and assuring the sustainability of SQF III.
- As Platform Leader, interface with the Safety, Quality, Engineering, Procurement, Scheduling, Commercialization, Accounting, IT, and Sales Departments to coordinate the production process for the introduction of new products and ongoing production.
- Create strategies to reduce cost associated with direct labor, indirect labor, material, and waste while improving efficiencies and cost per pound.
- Provide leadership and direction in the implementation of and continued success.
- Lead area to accomplish cultural improvements which are sustainable, and people oriented.
- Assure the compliance with all GMP, safety, health and environmental regulations.
- At least 15 years of operations management in a food processing facility with at least 5 years managing MULTI-PLANT operations. (Preferred expertise in Baking or Snack Foods)
- Knowledge of Food Manufacturing, CI, Sanitation, Quality, Safety, Logistics, Procurement, Production Planning, and Maintenance.
- LEAN, TPM, Six Sigma Belt, Certifications is HIGHLY PREFERRED
- Four-year college degree in business or related field required; Master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience in both union and non-union manufacturing environment; emphasis on union avoidance a plus.
- Well-developed influence leadership skills Experienced in conflict resolution
- Successfully analyzes and presents data to multiple levels of the organization using presentation, writing proposals, and business plans