Highly profitable mutual insurance company is seeking to hire a talented Farm Underwriter. This role will lead one of the most profitable programs for this carrier, and the client is seeking a talented Underwriter with a background in either farm or commercial lines.
- Examine documents to determine degree of risk from factors such as applicant health, financial standing and value, and condition of property.
- Declining excessive risks.
- Writing to agent representatives, or others to obtain further information, quote rates, or explain company underwriting policies.
- Evaluate possibility of losses due to catastrophe or excessive insurance.
- Review company records to determine amount of insurance in force on single risk or group of closely related risks.
- Decrease value of policy when risk is substandard and specify applicable endorsements or apply rating to ensure safe, sustainable distribution of risks, using reference materials.
- Authorize reinsurance of policy when risk is high.
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Writing communications effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Managing your own time appropriately, keeping duties planned.
- Sustained effort to keep work area (physical & digital) clean and organized.
Complex Problem Solving Skills
- Solving Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
Desktop Computer Skills
- Spreadsheets - Using a computer application to enter, manipulate, and format text and numerical data; insert, delete, and manipulate cells, rows, and columns; and create and save worksheets. Charts and graphs are a plus.
- Internet - Navigating the Internet to find information, including the ability to open and configure standard browsers; use searches, hypertext references, and transfer protocols; and send and retrieve e-mail
- Word Processing - Using a computer application to type text, insert pictures, format, edit, print, save, and retrieve word processing documents
- PDF Processing - Using a computer application to type, insert and convert, format, edit, print, save, and retrieve portable document formats.
- Graphics - Working with pictures in graphics programs or other applications, including creating simple graphics, manipulating the appearance, and inserting graphics into other programs.
- Databases - Using a computer application to manage large amounts of information, including creating and editing simple databases, inputting data, retrieving specific records, and creating reports to communicate the information.