Our Client - Your Future Team
Specialty Chemical Sales and Business Development Professionals - here’s an under the radar growth story in the making!
Backed by private equity, a specialty chemical powerhouse is being assembled - one that has the triad of unique products, leadership, and R&D.
- The company goes to market by industry segmentation, not by product.
- Your segment is Specialty & Construction Additives
- A number of your portfolio products are #1 or #2 in the market; i.e., you’re backed by known brands
- Comment on your future “boss” from a former employee:
- He radiates a "can-do" attitude and is a systematic problem-solver that allows him to approach a challenge and lead a team to overcome adverse circumstances to succeed. I respect him as a leader, a teammate, and a friend.
What you will do
- You’ll develop and implement the Sales & Business Development plan for Construction Additives.
- Example markets you’ll call on - Ceiling Tile Manufacturing - Cement Manufacturing - Concrete Additives - Gypsum Wallboard - Plasters - Joint Compounds - Precast Concrete Beams & Columns.
- Domestic travel with a little travel to Mexico and South America (overall ~ 50% travel)
- Notable customers - Quicrete, Laticrete, Custom Building Products, Master Builders Solutions, Chryso
- Call points - Director/VP of Manufacturing/Operations, Dir/VP R&D, Dir/VP Purchasing
- Value proposition you have to offer - quality, delivery, custom R&D support, engineering support
- Trade shows
What’s in it for you?
- Autonomy in the running of your territory
- A market segment (construction) with exceptional growth opportunities
- Top benefits (medical/dental/vision, company contribution to HSA, 401k, life/disability insurance)
- Company vehicle
- Quarterly bonus (15% of base)
- Base salary $100k-$120k (DOE)
What you must bring to the table
- BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other technical degree appropriate for the role
- Demonstrated success in selling specialty chemicals plus account management
- Ability to travel 50%+ domestic, Mexico, South America
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- Experience calling on cement, concrete, and/or gypsum wallboard manufacturers is a plus
Your next steps
To have a confidential conversation & to learn more, let’s connect.