Our client is a national company that is committed to maintaining its reputation as a company with the highest standards. They are guided by seasoned leadership with many years of collective experience working with the federal government, large government contractors and key agencies, such as the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, and various branches of the military. Members of their management team have extensive experience growing businesses organically, as well as through acquisitions.
We are currently searching for a Mechanical Engineer with Nuclear Surety for their site in the Harrisburg, PA area.
You MUST be a US citizen with Nuclear Surety experience. There is a relocation package.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Support the Nuclear Surety compliance requirement for projects and objective, as well as determine and implement mechanical designs that meet cost and schedule objectives and customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Interface with the customer nuclear surety group, including the DOE.
- Coordinate the necessary analysis and testing necessary to certify products.
- Attends job kick-off meetings and participates in design reviews with customers.
- Reviews customer requirements including customer specifications, Statements of Work, and interface drawings in order to ensure compliance with contract.
- Tracks schedules and budgets on assigned programs.
- Issues long lead material.
- Provides technical input to CAD design team on various tasks.
- Interfaces with other departments to resolve questions and technical issues.
- Creates technical proposals, technical materials, and procurement specifications.
- Reviews vendor/shop drawings, quotes and proposals.
- Resolves vendor issues and dispositions defective material. Creates Cost Schedule Impact Logs (CSIL’s) for added scope.
- Contributes to product improvement, new products and product standardization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
Ability to obtain Security Clearance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required: 4 year college/university education in technical field (BSME / BSMET)
Desired experience: 5+ years professional engineering experience including a technical background in a nuclear environment working in the Nuclear industry or having exposure to the nuclear environment through military or DOD/DOE.