SPU Associate Production Manager; IA
Experience: Standard Management (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Category: Manufacturing / Production
Industry: Natural Resources / Agriculture, Forestry & Fishing
Company: Management Recruiters of Chattanooga-Brainerd
Reference ID: oTGakU
Date Posted: 12/02/2022
SPU Associate Production Manager; Corn Wet Milling/Ingredient; IA
An international family-owned company provides a positive and attractive work and career environment, in which everyone can learn, develop, contribute to the overall company performance and be recognized for doing so.
The SPU (Starch Production Unit) Associate Production Manager, reporting to SPU Production Manager, at the company’s Iowa corn-wet milling and bio-refinery facility and requires interaction with both Salaried and Union workforce.
The incumbent will be responsible for leading SPU bargaining unit and salaried employees to ensure safe actions, environmental compliance and quality production in a Good Manufacturing Practice food-grade operation. This position requires candidates to demonstrate excellent operational leadership, clear communication skills, strong people development and coaching abilities, and experience in effectively managing short-term activities and long-term projects. Additional responsibilities include troubleshooting of the manufacturing process, recommending and implementing effective solutions, overseeing multiple improvement projects, and consistently achieving production plans.
- Is the second in command of the SPU Department, acts as the SPU Department Manager in their absence
- Act as the leader of large midterm (1- 3 yr) projects for the SPU, this position is designed to move the department forward.
- To be the primary technical resource for the department. Technical understanding of the process and equipment is a must.
- Lead technical and non-technical troubleshooting. Engaging team members and technical resources, as needed, in addressing moderate to complex issues. Innovates to remove barriers to operational improvements.
- Manage, communicate and achieve targets of the SPU. This may be yields or other KPI’s.
- Translate departmental targets into action plans and development plans.
- Support overall site manufacturing by leading SPU production, maintenance and yields to maximize efficiency while achieving quality and performance targets.
- Develop and execute programs to improve safety, environmental compliance, quality, reliable production performance, asset health, yields, capacities and costs. Draw innovation from employees, other team leaders, engineers and other departments.
- Implement and maintain sound process controls.
- Develop production employees through training, coaching, document development, objective setting, evaluation and/or administering personal performance reviews.
- Lead operations teams’ activities with clear, consistent communication. Assure that short to medium term plans are communicated to maximize operating efficiencies.
- Monitor operations’ performance and lead multiple rotating shifts’ production priority setting and activities planning/assignments to ensure actions result in safe, compliant and quality work achieving scheduled production to meet customers’ needs and assure desired yields are met.
- Manage spending within area budget requirements. Work closely with Maintenance to balance meeting Maintenance budgeted spending and maximizing plant asset health and availability to meet business needs.
- Assure team knowledge, understanding, and compliance of all policies, procedures, work instructions and adherence to quality control standards.
- BS Engineering degree; Mechanical or Chemical preferred
- >5 years’ experience in a food and/or chemical continuous processing plant ; >10 years desired
- Previous experience in a corn wet mill and/or by products processing desired, similar processes considered
- >5 years leadership and/or supervisory experience desired; >10 years supervisory experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in project and/or program development, execution, and success – multiple examples expected.
- Demonstrated technical ability through successful advanced troubleshooting and problem solving – multiple examples expected.
- Effective organizational and planning skills with the demonstrated ability to multitask and lead cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute against short-term and medium-term plans to meet output requirements
- Demonstrated sound, assertive, positive leadership skills, as well as strong and effective coaching skills
- Demonstrated clear, informative and persuasive (verbal, written and presentation) communication skills, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated strong working understanding of chemical unit operations and mechanical aptitude of processing equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute against production short-term and medium-term plans to meet output requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications of Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Word. Experience with SAP, Aspen and minor programing ability a plus.
The duties, responsibilities, and requirements identified by this posting should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by management as deemed appropriate.
Salary: $110-125K w/ 15% bonus; 401K 6% match; Relo Assist, Strong Benefits; EOE; NO Sponsorship; “AAP, EEO, M/F/H/V/D, Drug-Free Workplace”
A successful job applicant will be required to submit to and pass a post offer pre-employment physical, which includes a drug test.
Senior Extrusion Processing EngineerGrand Rapids, MI, United States
Manta Resources, Inc.
Are you looking to join a highly motivated team in the challenging world of custom compounding? We are seeking a leader with outstanding experience in a plastics extrusion environment to join our team. Prior technical experience within the plastics ind...Date Posted: 06/03/2022 Recommended
Strategic Sourcing & Procurement ManagerAiken, South Carolina, United States
Management Recruiters of Lowcountry
Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Manager We are seeking a highly motivated Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Manager .The Company is searching for someone that will lead and develop a team to improve their sourcing and procurement strategies and process...Date Posted: 01/31/2023 Recommended
Project Engineer IIDenver, Colorado, United States
POINTSNORTH SEARCH GROUP
Our client, a leading firearms accessories and outdoor lifestyle company is seeking a forward-thinking Product Designer to join their growing team in the Denver, CO. area. Project Engineer II Job Description: The roles and responsibilities of the Proje...Date Posted: 01/05/2023 Recommended
Product Designer IIDenver, Colorado, United States
POINTSNORTH SEARCH GROUP
Our client, a leading firearms accessories and outdoor lifestyle company is seeking a forward-thinking Product Designer to join their growing team in the Denver, CO. area. PRODUCT DESIGNER II Job Description: The Product Designer II is an integral memb...Date Posted: 01/05/2023 Recommended
Manager, Financial Planning & AnalysisDelphi, Indiana, United States, 46923
Management Recruiters of Zionsville (Indianapolis)
Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) – Delphi, IN Our food production client, majority owned by Japan’s largest trading company, located in Delphi, IN, is seeking a FP&A Manager to join the Finance & Accounting team at their corporate headqu...Date Posted: 01/19/2023 Recommended
Production SupervisorConover, NC, 28613, United States
The Q Works Group
Responsibilities: Lead day to day operations for your shift, and develop culture by spending 75% of time on floor leading associates Train, develop, and lead associates to meet operational KPIs. to ensure Work to identify and reduce/eliminate sources o...Date Posted: 10/16/2022 Recommended
CEO/PresidentDallas, Texas, United States
POINTSNORTH SEARCH GROUP
Our client, leading Shooting Sports and Outdoor Lifestyle Company, is seeking a CEO to join their growing team in their new Dallas offices. Position Summary The CEO will have full P&L responsibility and will be accountable for the organization's leader...Date Posted: 01/05/2023 Recommended
Reliability EngineerMount Prospect, Illinois, United States
Management Recruiters of Edison
A major pharmaceutical distribution company needs a permanent, full-time Reliability Engineer – Emerging Engineering Technologies at their Packaging plant in Chicagoland, IL. Good salary + Annual Bonus + Sign-on Bonus for relocation assistance + full B...Date Posted: 01/09/2023 Recommended
Production ManagerIndianapolis, IN, United States
Manta Resources, Inc.
The 1st Shift Production Manager leads and supports the production department in the conversion of raw materials into finished goods in the most cost-effective manner while adhering to food quality, food safety and industrial safety standards. Responsi...Date Posted: 09/12/2022 Recommended
Production Supervisor 01Illinois, United States
Omega Point Partners
We have an awesome opportunity for a Production Team Leader with a proven track record to join a billion-dollar Tier 1 global client. They have production operations in 7 countries. This role reports to a Production Manager and is responsible for the e...Date Posted: 01/06/2023 Recommended
Operations Manager 01Omega Point Partners
We have an exceptional career opportunity for a Talented Operations Manager to join a division of a $4B diversified global company with 16,000 employees producing products for a variety of industries and markets. This division manufactures innovative p...Date Posted: 01/06/2023 Recommended
Plant ManagerSt. Paul, Minnesota, United States
Management Recruiters of Dayton
Plant Manager An innovative metal fabrication manufacturer has an immediate opening for a Plant Manager. This Operations Leader will work across all manufacturing functions, establish a clear growth strategy, accelerating both growth and performance to...Date Posted: 01/16/2023 Recommended
Technical Account ManagerDallas-Fort Worth metroplex (home office-based)
Zenith Search Partners
If you're an energetic sales pro looking to advance your career in the specialty chemical space, read on.... Company Privately owned national specialty chemical distribution firm that values people, process and performance They’ve been in business for ...Date Posted: 12/29/2022 Recommended
Engineering Team LeaderRock Hill, SC, 29730, United States
The Q Works Group
Responsibilities: Deliver quality engineering solutions and drive installation of new equipment and upgrades through commissioning phase for on-time completion. Installation, modification and maintenance of production equipment, testing and energy syst...Date Posted: 01/15/2023 Recommended
Plant ManagerSuwanee, GA, 30024, United States of America
Plant Manager Seeking an experienced Plant/Operation Manager for our growing manufacturing facility located in Suwanee, GA. This position will report to the General Manager, GRD and Sustainable Systems, and be a model of leadership, demonstrate manager...Date Posted: 01/16/2023 Recommended