A well established, global pharmaceutical manufacturer needs 2 Contract - Project Managers at their location in MI. Excellent hourly pay rate including allowance for expenses + OT 1.5X
JOB POSTING # 2200
Job Title: Contract - Project Manager – Pharma Manufacturing Qty Needed: 2
Location: Allegan, MI Overnight Travel %: 10 – 20
Duration: 6 – 12 months initially, with a chance to convert to a permanent role based on client needs and candidate performance
Relocation: NO. Willing to pay a higher rate to include all expenses for out of town candidates
Compensation: Hourly Pay rate of $45 - $60/Hr (including all expenses) + OT 1.5X - (Paid weekly)
Our client is a large, well established contract manufacturer with a world-wide presence. The manufactured dosages include solids, liquids, creams / ointments for pharmaceutical and nutritional products.
Be part of the Corporate Project Management Group, supporting capital projects at multiple plants. This group consists of 4 project managers and engineers
Note 1: This person will concurrently manage 3 – 5 projects of various scope and sizes with a total annual worth around $1 - $5 million.
Note 2: The Project mix will be pharmaceutical Process / Packaging equipment (80%) and Facility/ Utility (20%). The right person needs to be personally responsible for handling the project and not just managing projects indirectly in a team environment.
The right person needs to have some technical understanding of the capital equipment being upgraded/ procured and not be the type to manage only the financial aspects of the project.
Note 3: This person will support the development of design and validation documents for Equipment qualifications (IQ, OQ, PQ); User Requirements Specifications (URS), Functional design Specs (FDS) etc.
75%: Manage capital and expansion projects from concept to completion. Interface with plant personnel, contractors, engineering & construction companies etc.
25%: Develop best practices and standards for project management
Candidate Must Have:
- BS in Engineering or a related field (Packaging, Industrial, Computer etc).
- 5+ years of experience in the Biotech, Pharmaceutical, OTC or Consumer industry
- 2+ years of capital project engineering / management experience, handling complete cycle for projects worth a total of $1+ million.
- Excellent communication, people and project
Candidate Nice to Have:
- PMP or PE certification
- Some hands-on design or engineering experience
- Experience with Pharma / OTC / consumer health products – tablets, liquid, creams, semi-solid etc.
- Previous experience with A&E or construction management firms or plant environment.
- Corporate engineering group experience supporting multiple manufacturing plants.
Keywords: pharmaceutical, manufacturing, PM, project manager, equipment, facility/utility, FDA, PMP, PE, project Engineer, OTC, engineering, solid dosage, ointments, liquids, contract, temp, nutritionals, consumer health