Plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of the organization. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources. Focus on Production and supply chain functions. There will be 120 +/- employees and will grow to approximately 150 in the next five years. Candidate needs to be an agent for change. Restructuring production departments and optimizing work cells and functions within. The position will be part of the executive team and will report directly to the General Manager.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience with all modern management functions and methods
- Operations experience in a configured products manufacturing environment
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Six Sigma, etc…
- Spanish language skills would be helpful
- Experience in change management
- Preference for Industrial Engineering background—Degree not mandatory
- Experience with latest manufacturing techniques and machinery
- Experience in aluminium fabrication and electrical products assembly
- Must be analytical and able to extract operational data from the organization
- Ability to work in a team management environment and to relate at a strategic level
- Must have a working knowledge of Aluminium forming, casting and machining
- Must have a working knowledge of Polyester powder coating processes
- Must know and utilize Excel, Word, MS Office app’s.
- Experience with Visual Manufacturing
- Must be able to formulate spreadsheets and graphics used to demonstrate and communicate
- Understanding of CAD and machine automation is a plus
- Must be safety conscience and always looking out for the wellbeing of fellow staff
- Must understand building systems and operation
- Review financial statements, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
- Oversee production and supply chain teams
- Daily engagement with continuous improvement team and sub-teams
- Work with Production Manager and Shop floor scheduler
- Coordinate daily team operational plans with Production supervisors
- Communicate with supervisors on KPI’s and Maintenance issues/needs
- Monitor suppliers for right fit and performance—Score card
- Establish or implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, or procedures in alignment with company strategic plan
- Perform personnel functions such as selection, training, or evaluation.
- Manage the movement of goods into and out of production facilities to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, safety and sustainability of operations.
- Implement or oversee environmental management or sustainability programs addressing issues such as recycling, conservation, or waste management.
This is a great opportunity with an employee focused manufacturer that takes a long-term approach to business. This company offers a collaborative and stable work environment and great benefits. This is a full time perm position.