My client, located in Lincolnton, North Carolina, is looking for a Financial Analyst join its team. The Financial Analyst is responsible for the month end closing activities for the facility, ensuring all general, cost accounting activities are performed in accordance with regional accounting principles and company policy; and the financial reporting and analysis is complete, accurate and timely. Excellent benefits package included.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Professional certification a plus.
- At least 2 years total experience in factory accounting or 3 years in public accounting.
- Knowledge of standard cost setting, bill of materials creations, routing development. Standard cost setting includes material standards, labor calculation, overhead calculation and difference between variable, fixed and other manufacturing costs.
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills and able to partner with key manufacturing, purchasing, R&D and logistics management daily.
- Highly motivated person who is willing to learn and be challenged by learning / spending time on the factory floor and with manufacturing management.
- Above average abilities with accounting ERP software and Microsoft Excel. Prior SAP experience a plus.
- Cost Accounting – Ensure that accounting and manufacturing functions that affect material, labor and cost center costs are organized and controlled. Ensure the propriety and accuracy of accounting records inclusive of the sub-ledger accounts and general ledger balance sheet and P&L. Ensure that all site-managed balance sheet accounts are understood and reconciled on a monthly basis. Ensure cost accounting completeness and accuracy of newly created parts (outside of annual Standard Cost Creation).
- Month End Closing – Completion of the month end closing responsibilities that include calculating and recording month end accruals, completing the month end account reconciliations, production order settlement and results analysis and analysis of the monthly results.
- Annual Standard Cost Creation – Lead the annual Standard Cost Creation process. Ensure cost accounting completeness and accuracy by institutionalizing a robust internal control structure to enable proper control over manufacturing rate calculation and cost determination/application to manufactured products.
- Annual Budget Process – Lead the annual site cost center budget process. Collaborate with cost center managers to create the total site budgets. Create site-specific deadlines to ensure regional timelines are achieved.
- Internal Controls – Ensure the ongoing control over company assets is achieved by establishing a culture and environment where all functional departments (finance, sales, IT, customer service, etc.) provide strict adherence to company Standards of Internal Control. The Financial Analyst has the responsibility to develop or oversee the development of detailed desktop policies and procedures surrounding inventory control and valuation for all functional units; whereby, he/she also acts as the reference source and owner of all written policies for campus personnel. Lastly, and equally as important, the cost accounting function is responsible for ensuring accounting and reporting is complete, accurate and timely (including month-end close accounting). Maintain adequate reporting for key SOX controls. Provide support for internal and external audit requests.
- Partnership – Provide guidance and support to the management staff and all other functional activities performed in the factory as needed to ensure transaction processing, manufacturing accounting, annual Standard Cost updates, labor costing and overhead are understood. Deliver first-level support for operations team for all finance and accounting questions. Drive finance and operational process improvement across the site.
- Management Information Systems – Continual support of developing management reporting efficiencies. Train and delegate other resources to ensure accurate electronic transaction processing occurs in SAP and other software packages (materials requirement, quality, etc.).
If you are looking for a stable company that will offer you career advancement and meet the above requirements, please send your resume in Word format to email@example.com. Interviews are being scheduled NOW.