BILINGUAL CASE MANAGER
The focus of this position will be to ensure efficient delivery of quality case management services to clients who are HIV-infected through assessment, planning, service procurement, delivery, coordination, and monitoring, ensuring all services are offered in an inclusive, respectful and delivered in a professional manner. The Bilingual Case Manager reports directly to the case conferences and other meeting as directed. All client data must be accurate and up to date. Because the position manages confidential information for clients, the Bilingual Case Manager must demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism. This position is full time.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate client care with medical, mental health, substance abuse and other providers.
- Gathers information on residents through personal interviews and interviews with families, physicians and other service providers.
- Counsels residents and families on dealing with illness-related situations and substance abuse issues.
- Refers residents to appropriate community agencies for further assistance and provides discharge planning to ensure post-resident care.
- Provides outreach and information to the community regarding agency procedures and health and welfare agencies.
- Provides necessary outreach to minority communities affected by HIV/AIDS, including but not limited to the African-American and Hispanic communities and injection drug users (“IDUs”)
- Participates in intake planning including, but not limited to, intake calls and off-site interviews.
- Develops care plans for residents, which are updated quarterly.
- Provide linkages to agency, community and government services and monitor referral completion including state insurance continuation programs, medication assistance programs, benefits/health coverage programs such as, SSI, SSDI, Medicaid, Medicare, housing programs, etc.
- Complete documentation in a timely manner.
- Assess client stability and provide referrals to increase level of stability and self-sufficiency.
- Participates in any and all Quality Management activities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA/BS required in social work, human services, or related field, MSW, LCSW, or three years of experience.
- Experience in psychology, social services and particularly in the field of HIV/AIDS care is highly desired. Preference will be given to those applicants who have experience providing case management to populations with issues including mental illness, substance abuse, chronic health and/or homelessness.
- Familiarity with database, internet, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Access to reliable transportation required
- Proficient bilingual Spanish/English oral and written language skill required
Regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Interested persons should reply via email with a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ability/willingness to work in a flexible, tolerant, diverse, community setting and experience in and ability to work cooperatively and effectively with people from various class, ethnic, racial, sexual minority backgrounds.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, AIDS Services of Dallas reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Due to the volume of responses, only qualified parties will be contacted. No phone calls, please.