PROCESS ENGINEER – TIER 1 AUTOMOTIVE SUPPLIER
COMPANY: Our client is a well-diversified, global manufacturing leader with operations located around the world. This particular division in the U.S. is uniquely positioned for significant growth after securing a number of long-term contracts with leading automobile manufacturers. This financially robust organization is widely respected for its unwavering commitment to high quality standards, continuous innovation and a strong work-life balance for its people.
POSITION: Develop new and improved processes for the manufacture of hose and hose assemblies; set-up and maintain manufacturing specifications, ensuring the rubber/plastic components and packaging comply with the blueprint and material requirements specified by our customers. Ensures conformance with environmental, health and safety regulations, policies and practices.
Primary responsibilities are as follows:
• Develop new processes to facilitate the manufacturing of current and new rubber and plastic components.
• Analyze and correct manufacturing problem areas relating to manufacturing processes.
• Initiate product change notices to update material and process changes.
• Develop, implement and evaluate cost reduction projects.
• Evaluate suppliers and raw materials for improved processing or cost reduction.
• Assure the manufactured product meets or exceeds the specifications as required by the customer.
• Provide technical support for capital projects and equipment modifications/ and upgrades in the facility.
• Coordinate with APQP teams to insure the smooth introduction of new products.
• BS in Engineering or a related field
• 2+ years of experience in Process Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering
• Experience in rubber or plastic manufacturing is preferred
• Experience in the automotive manufacturing industry is a plus
• Six Sigma and/or Continuous Improvement training is a plus
PrincetonOne is an equal employment opportunity employer.