Position: Manufacturing Engineer-Injection Molding
Location: Suburban Chicago, IL
If you have experience developing injection molding manufacturing processes, then we have an exciting new position for you with a growing global manufacturer.
Our client is a leading global manufacturer that supplies OEM’s in the aerospace, automotive and industrial markets. It is experiencing growth in its aerospace products division that makes engineered to order products sold to clients worldwide. To support current and future growth in the aerospace division, our client is creating a new role that will have responsibility for injection molding manufacturing processes. In addition, this person will play a key role in new item creation and engineering changes.
- A leading manufacturer and supplier of components used in aerospace, automotive, and industrial markets
- History of producing high quality products and providing best-in-class research and development
- Company is a global leader with more than 25 manufacturing facilities supported by a worldwide distribution network generating more than $3 billion in annual sales
- Primary responsibility is injection molding manufacturing process development including creating design specifications and relevant manufacturing documentation
- Will evaluate and implement proposed designs and processes for manufacturability
- Implement new injection molding technologies and troubleshoot injection molding process related issues
- Establish repeatable and robust injection molding process parameters
- Create Bill of Materials, process routings, and making engineering changes as required
- Use lean manufacturing tools to drive improvements in cost, quality, and productivity
- Troubleshoot manufacturing problems and write work instruction as needed
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 5-10 years experience in a Manufacturing or Process Engineering capacity
- Injection Molding Process Development experience is required
- Injection Molding Tooling Design experience is a plus
- CNC turning and milling experience is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without restrictions
Be assured that resumes will be kept strictly confidential until we speak about a specific opportunity and agree to send it to a client of ours. If your experience matches our client's requirements we will contact you immediately.