The Inside HVAC Sales Application Engineer position will have primary responsibilities to assist the sales team with application questions, working with the customer to ensure manufacturability of orders, presentations, design of orders, and providing input to the business unit based on customer encounters.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support via phone and e-mail for both internal and external salespeople in the areas of product selection and application.
- Develop solutions for product applications
- Communicate solutions for unique applications including design & special pricing.
- Travel from time-to-time to resolve field problems.
- Find solutions to field application problems.
- Provide general product application support. Understand the requirements for challenging applications.
- Responsible for identifying key selling points.
- Gather information for market studies.
- Become familiar with the competitor's products and apply this knowledge to the company's advantage.
- Evaluate internal processes and software to identify and implement efficiency improvement opportunities.
- Design Software experience desired (Solidworks and AutoCAD).
- Between 3+ years of work experience within Commercial/Light Commercial HVAC is required
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Strong communication skills with a desire to move to an outside sales role in the future
Steve McLean, CSAM
Director of HVAC Recruitment
317.773.4323 x 0091