BIM Coordination Manager
Highland Consulting Group is a nationwide recruiting firm that focuses on placing top construction talent within the commercial, institutional and industrial sectors.
A large Mechanical Contractor in Western PA is seeking a BIM Coordination Manager. This position manages the day to day operation of 10 or more CAD draftsman. This is a management role with some expectations that the manager designs projects as well. Knowledge of, or experience in, the mechanical trades preferable in order to perform MEP/BIM Coordination. Responsibilities include: utilizing AutoCAD / Revit models supplied by architects and engineers to create new duct and/or plumbing models; revising the models as needed to be clash free; annotating and dimensioning the items for final drawing output. This position supports construction field operations, project management and sales and reports to senior management.
- Manage a team of CAD Designers, assign tasks, review work, train staff, and other traditional management roles
- Develop accurate drawings of ductwork, plumbing and piping systems that support the pre-fabrication operation of piping and ductwork
- Perform duties necessary to produce working drawings of in-house engineered designs and prepare system layouts and detailed drawings
- Maintain project BIM schedules
- Work closely with Construction Operations Managers, Sales Engineers, Superintendents, Project Managers and General Contractors/CM’s
- Coordinate duct and plumbing / HVAC piping systems with building components to efficiently and cost effectively identify and resolve conflict prior to installation of mechanical and plumbing systems
- Strong computer skills; Microsoft Office and AutoCAD preferred, ability to learn new software as required
- Understanding of piping and HVAC mechanical systems
- Strong understanding of construction scheduling program(s)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet project deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with customers and work as part of a team
- 5 Years minimum experience is required
- 4 year degree is preferred
- Existing experience managing a team is preferred
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders to access certain areas of the job site as needed
- Ability to visit job/project sites to meet with company representatives to review drawings
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Health Care and Dependent Day Care FSA's, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401(k) Plan, Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays
If you are interested in this opportunity, and you have the experience and meet the job qualifications, please apply using the “Apply” link below. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to call me @ (724) 837-6336.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.